[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bank Bailout (not Stimulus - Bailout)

Savage Beatings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOhc2e6UfMM

This video has begun floating around. The claim at 2:20 (you HAVE to listen to this) that we were hours from total collapse and martial law is certainly illuminating. Wiegie?

If that's true, it's jawdropping.

Why is it when Madoff does it it's a Ponzi scheme but when the government does it it's called "world economy".

If that's true, it's jawdropping.

Why is it when Madoff does it it's a Ponzi scheme but when the government does it it's called "world economy".

Isn't it nice to see someone telling the truth in all it's unvarnished majesty (at least, I think he is, sure looks like it)? Why hasn't this come out before?

Isn't it nice to see someone telling the truth in all it's unvarnished majesty (at least, I think he is, sure looks like it)? Why hasn't this come out before?

probably because they didn't want to scare the hell out of people, making a bad situation even worse

Scary stuff for sure but help me with this...How did enough people/institutions have information quick enough to decide that at 11:00 AM on Sept. 15th it was time for everyone to start taking all their money out of money market accounts to the tune of 550 billion in an hour? What triggered that? Was there a super secret meeting that scared the hell out of everyone to make that decision on that day that I wasn't invited to? I don't get that.

Scary stuff for sure but help me with this...How did enough people/institutions have information quick enough to decide that at 11:00 AM on Sept. 15th it was time for everyone to start taking all their money out of money market accounts to the tune of 550 billion in an hour? What triggered that? Was there a super secret meeting that scared the hell out of everyone to make that decision on that day that I wasn't invited to? I don't get that.

The Lehman Bros. bankruptcy triggered everything and large institutional investors started a hugh run on money market mutual funds. (I think the $500+ billion dollar run in a few hours is probably (though not certainly) overstating what happened, but the withdrawals were at least close to $200 billion in the week that Lehman failed.)

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/13/bus...13insolvent.php

Some of the large banks in the United States, according to economists and other finance experts, are like dead men walking.

A sober assessment of the growing mountain of losses from bad bets, measured in today's marketplace, would overwhelm the value of the banks' assets, they say. The banks, in their view, are insolvent.

Surely that depends on how the debts are measured? Since much of the money these outfits claimed to have made was funny money, many of the debts are really non-existent, just like the notional money that created them in the first place.

Why can't these wankers account properly? It's not friggin' rocket science.

Surely that depends on how the debts are measured? Since much of the money these outfits claimed to have made was funny money, many of the debts are really non-existent, just like the notional money that created them in the first place.

Why can't these wankers account properly? It's not friggin' rocket science.

thats why those congressmen asked the wrong questions. they shouldve asked what the bank ceos got paid in 05, 06, 07. go after the old ceo's that are no longer there and got 200mil retirement packages. these bets werent put on in the last year. theyve been on for a few years. and they simply priced them to look like huge winners when they were bombs.

thats why those congressmen asked the wrong questions. they shouldve asked what the bank ceos got paid in 05, 06, 07. go after the old ceo's that are no longer there and got 200mil retirement packages. these bets werent put on in the last year. theyve been on for a few years. and they simply priced them to look like huge winners when they were bombs.

Which reinforces my previously stated point about bonuses - they need to either be predicated on five years performance and more or they need to be refundable.