[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vlad a Halo!

Fence Post

YES!!

For anyone that had a doubt that Arte Moreno would be willing to spend the money...

Doubt no longer!

I can just see the Angels lineup for next year...

SS- Eckstein R

1B- Erstad L

RF- Guerrero R

LF- Anderson L

3B- Glaus R

DH- Salmon R

CF- Guillen R

C- Molina R

2B- Kennedy L

Oh yeah baby!

Postman

As a Montreal Expo fan (yes, it's a troubled life I lead), I have watched a lot of Vladimir over the past 7 years, and this guy is awesome. Phenomenal arm, great power, great contact hitter, good speed (had 40 SB in '02). He's the whole package IMO. Problem might be that he's a bit of a momma's boy, literally. He lived with his mom and brother/teammate Wilton in Montreal. I think one of the big reasons he didn't go to the Mets is because he did not want to be in a huge media market.

Congrats to the Angels, you got yourself a stud, and the Expos get f*cked once again.

Trojanmojo:

head_ban        head_ban        head_ban    Way to go Halos! BTW, what does that bring their payroll to now?  They are now officially the best team in the L.A. area IMHO.  smash

they were already the best team in the LA area......as a Mariner fan it pains me to say that they're now the best in the west.

BTW, don't know what the whole payroll is, but I read in this mornings' paper that the guaranteed contracts for Vlad, Colon, Escobar & Guillen are a combined 147 mil. eek!

Down Goes Frazia:

Originally posted by HUGH ONE:

and the Expos get f*cked once again.

....... as long as Bud Selig is drive'in the bus, the Expos might as well continue to assume the position.

Don't forget Angelos' efforts to keep them down. If they'd move the Expos to DC, that franchise would quickly become one of the richest in baseball.

Sushi:

If they'd move the Expos to DC, that franchise would quickly become one of the richest in baseball.

Personally, I think they're screwing around with the location in the hopes that Castro dies so they can drop that team into Havan the very next day.

Just wait - after Castro dies that whole island becomes Las Vegas like it was back in the day.