[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

motherboard fried

tazinib1

cordless i like it. i cant afford that right now :wacko:

I'm pretty sure you could probably hook up the keyboard from your old PC, assuming it was USB, but you may need an extension cable.

Check this out...

I'm pretty sure you could probably hook up the keyboard from your old PC, assuming it was USB, but you may need an extension cable.

Check this out...

unfortunately, my keyboard is not usb and i don't have that little connector either to make it so. on the bright side, im getting a crash course in ps3 internet

What kind of PC? Cheap mobos are crap, but I can't help but think you'd be able to get along with a used one off ebay for less than $20, or you could probably find a new one (REAL cheap one) for that much if you looked at tiger.

Unless you've got a dell, then all bets are off. I think they're still all proprietary.

What kind of PC? Cheap mobos are crap, but I can't help but think you'd be able to get along with a used one off ebay for less than $20, or you could probably find a new one (REAL cheap one) for that much if you looked at tiger.

Unless you've got a dell, then all bets are off. I think they're still all proprietary.

he is installing used dell with intel 4 processor for $40 with $20 labor (half now half later .... yes im broke at the moment lol)

YAHOOOO!!! Just got my pc back and all is well. $50 for the repair and labor. What a deal. I never thought how much I am dependent upon my pc until now. Sad actually but I'm sure I'm not alone.

That being said: Thank you to RocknRobn and Randall for the offers. That was well above and beyond the call of duty. I won't forget that. Awesome is all I gotta say.

So...new motherboard with PentIV processor, new power supply and a much needed interior cleaning. Guess the culprit was excessive cat hair being sucked in by the power supply motor and causing and overheat....thus frying BOTH the motherboard and power supply. Lesson learned.

YAHOOOO!!! Just got my pc back and all is well. $50 for the repair and labor. What a deal. I never thought how much I am dependent upon my pc until now. Sad actually but I'm sure I'm not alone.

That being said: Thank you to RocknRobn and Randall for the offers. That was well above and beyond the call of duty. I won't forget that. Awesome is all I gotta say.

So...new motherboard with PentIV processor, new power supply and a much needed interior cleaning. Guess the culprit was excessive cat hair being sucked in by the power supply motor and causing and overheat....thus frying BOTH the motherboard and power supply. Lesson learned.

Yeah, kill the cat... :wacko:

Sahweet, with a great price! :wacko:

My deal still stands if you need something! Expansion of same is also fine.

You're a cool cat (I never use dude....Big John??? :D ) and can help if needed.

Keep in touch.

rr26