[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where to buy....

Big Country

Well, as many of you know, my wife is training for a marathon in May (charitable contribution thread pinned has details). She gets up first thing in the morning and goes running while I am getting ready for work, making breakfast, packing lunch, etc. With daylight savings, she is now starting out while it is still dark, and as the run length increases, she will be heading out a bit earlier.

While we live in a pretty safe neighborhood, her route does take her past a park that on occassion has "unsavory" looking characters. While I am confident she is safe on her route, I;d rather be safer than sorry, and was hoping to find a small mace/pepper spray device that she could run with, preferable even something that strapped to her wrist or clipped to her pants.

But, I am clueless as to where to look for this sort of thing, and, additionally, clueless as to the legality of such devices (though, that is less a concern for me if it gives an added sense of security)?

Any Huddlers out there with mace/pepper spray devices or suggestions that may fit my desired purposes here?

A personal defense trainer that I know recommends Fox Labs pepper spray. Whatever brand you choose, you'll have to decide between a spray, stream, fogger or foam. each has its strengths and weaknesses. Make sure that you buy some decontaminate wipes in case of blow back.

California undoubtedly has restrictions on the stuff.

I buy everything through the innernets.

Edited by Furd

BC,

I would first check to see if California has permitting requirements for the purchase and carry of mace. I would bet that they do. Make sure your wife gets permitted, because if you don't follow the procedure set down by the draconian government before you protect yourself from rapists you could get in twubble.

After that's done, look for a licenced FFL (firearms dealer). You will usually find mace there. A police supply store is also a good option.