[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playstation 3

Menudo

I got a good bonus this year and used some of the money to get a new toy, a Playstation 3. The main reason I got one is to give me a Blu-Ray player in the living room (already have one in the basement) and because I've read that the PS3 baseball game is much better than the one on Xbox 360. I bought the baseball game (The Show), and it is MUCH better than MLB 2k9, so, I'm happy with that.

I filled out the information for the online account, but, I didn't get a chance to do anything with it. So, for those that have a PS3, what are some of the cool things I can do with it ??

you can watch videos on the internet, you can stream movies from your PC, depending on which model you have...you can hook an ipod into the front of it...

if you have it connected to the internet, you can put a CD in your PS3 and it automatically finds the disc information and can store it onto the PS3 with the disc information....or store pictures, music or video via memory stick....

I can't think of much else even though I am probably forgetting a huge chunk of what is on it...

you can watch videos on the internet, you can stream movies from your PC, depending on which model you have...you can hook an ipod into the front of it...

if you have it connected to the internet, you can put a CD in your PS3 and it automatically finds the disc information and can store it onto the PS3 with the disc information....or store pictures, music or video via memory stick....

I can't think of much else even though I am probably forgetting a huge chunk of what is on it...

Thanks Avernus !! :wacko: If you think of more, let me know. I plan on giving this thing a solid workout this weekend.

P.S. By the way, how do I go about watching videos on the internet and streaming movies ?

Edited by Menudo

Thanks Avernus !! :wacko: If you think of more, let me know. I plan on giving this thing a solid workout this weekend.

P.S. By the way, how do I go about watching videos on the internet and streaming movies ?

when you go into your internet browser, it has a button already that directly links you to youtube and I think one of the recent Firmware updates have included Flash or java....I forget, maybe it's both so you can do different things that I haven't tried, but I just know about it....

the following link will bring you to a very good media server on another forum where the topic is discussed and can be helpful and I personally don't use it because I just put movies onto a memory stick and do it that way.....but along with streaming movies from your PC, you can send them as a download....and the best way to do it is if you have a router and use a wired connection...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=...t=stop+tversity

but if you want to stream a movie from your PC to the PS3, that program is supposed to be great....I use Nero and it's...alright...but the fact that this program can take any format and change it over to MPEG-2 so the PS3 can read it is flawless....

this is more-so for people who use an unethical means of getting movies onto their computer and they end up downloading a format like .mkv which is almost always used for HD content and can be changed, but I've always had problems...

if I can think of anything else, I'll let you know as I haven't really used my PS3 in this fashion in like a year...

also, in case you don't know ...the Playstation Store has movies that you can download directly onto your PS3 along with several TV shows...

unfortunately, the HD content is only available for rent and expires after a period of time...

I found the internet feature extremely beneficial when my pc crashed a few weeks ago. Its much easier to use with a USB keyboard/mouse though but after a bit of fooling around with it, you could get used to using it without them.

I love mine for the games, but its also great for streaming movies. My DVR had an error and I missed 2 hours of 24 the other week. I downloaded a HD torrent and the Xvid file streamed to my HDTV in the living room and all was saved. Maybe we should have a thread so people can swap PSN names? I don't get to game very much but its always cool to find some people on line. I probably game more on my PC but I don't know how many real gamers we have around here (for exchanging Steam IDs or such).

I got a good bonus this year and used some of the money to get a new toy, a Playstation 3. The main reason I got one is to give me a Blu-Ray player in the living room (already have one in the basement) and because I've read that the PS3 baseball game is much better than the one on Xbox 360. I bought the baseball game (The Show), and it is MUCH better than MLB 2k9, so, I'm happy with that.

I filled out the information for the online account, but, I didn't get a chance to do anything with it. So, for those that have a PS3, what are some of the cool things I can do with it ??

I have all 3 of the next gen systems (Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360).

While the PS3 has the blu-ray player, that's really ALL I ever use it for. The games are pretty good, but I cannot stand the controller for the PS3. The triggers (R&L3) are at too much of an angle, and every time you pull (or push) one, it feels to me that the controller is going to come out of my hand. I cannot stand this. I've spent money on those grips and sleves for the controller, and still - not much difference. The games however are pretty fun. I've played Heavenly Sword and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. I would highly recommend both. The online play on the other hand is horrible. If I want to play something online, I just go straight to the Xbox. The PS Store is not that much better either. Things take FOREVER to download. The other complaint I have with the PS3 is it seems as if there's a new software update like every 7-10 days. It gets annoying..

Outside of the blu-ray feature, the only other thing it has over the Xbox is the web browser feature. However as someone previously said, get a mouse and keyboard cause you'll drive yourself nuts trying to surf the net with the PS3 controller.

I personally prefer the Xbox 360 over the PS3 - but that is mainly based on games and gameplay. The controller fits perfectly in your hand, the games have faster load times and the graphics are just as good. Xbox Live is far and away better than the PS Network. I mean the PS Network is free so what do you expct? The PS3 in my opinion is just a pricey blu-ray player..

There's my 2 cents..

While the PS3 has the blu-ray player, that's really ALL I ever use it for. The games are pretty good, but I cannot stand the controller for the PS3. The triggers (R&L3) are at too much of an angle, and every time you pull (or push) one, it feels to me that the controller is going to come out of my hand. I cannot stand this. I've spent money on those grips and sleves for the controller, and still - not much difference. The games however are pretty fun. I've played Heavenly Sword and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. I would highly recommend both. The online play on the other hand is horrible. If I want to play something online, I just go straight to the Xbox. The PS Store is not that much better either. Things take FOREVER to download. The other complaint I have with the PS3 is it seems as if there's a new software update like every 7-10 days. It gets annoying..

Outside of the blu-ray feature, the only other thing it has over the Xbox is the web browser feature. However as someone previously said, get a mouse and keyboard cause you'll drive yourself nuts trying to surf the net with the PS3 controller.

I personally prefer the Xbox 360 over the PS3 - but that is mainly based on games and gameplay. The controller fits perfectly in your hand, the games have faster load times and the graphics are just as good. Xbox Live is far and away better than the PS Network. I mean the PS Network is free so what do you expct? The PS3 in my opinion is just a pricey blu-ray player..

There's my 2 cents..

I definitely like the Xbox 360's features better, and will continue to play all other game on the 360. However, this baseball game and the Blu-Ray player have already made it worth it for me. The baseball game is simply that damn good.

I definitely like the Xbox 360's features better, and will continue to play all other game on the 360. However, this baseball game and the Blu-Ray player have already made it worth it for me. The baseball game is simply that damn good.

I'll have to go rent it or something.. I had the Show 08 and that was pretty fun as well..

I'll have to go rent it or something.. I had the Show 08 and that was pretty fun as well..

I think what makes it fun is putting in the time and playing all the games in the spring and minors. Games only take like 5-10 minutes, because you only play the plays that involve you. Putting all that time in the minors makes it so cool when you make it to the majors.

There's my 2 cents..

strange- I am the opposite was a diehard Xbox guy but after switching to PS3 I am used to the controller and like way better than the bigger, clumsy Xbox paddle...... I don't play a ton of games, mainly just COD and sports games for being free the live network works well enough for me

each to their own, but I think the graphics are sharper on the PS3...........