[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow, Nuclear Power Modules the size of a hottub?

cre8tiff

there is one piece of false information though...

Solar Panels store energy and as long as you aren't burning the same amount of energy you are receiving, you can still use it when the sun goes down....that link makes it sound like Solar Panels become useless when the sun goes down...

however, I really like what is being talked about here....:wacko:

Too bad we don't spend more money on things like this rather than $billions on cold war era machinery.

I like Nanosolar too. Printing solar collectors on flexible areas. I can see this technology developing "paint" we can use on future electric cars.

Too bad we don't spend more money on things like this rather than $billions on cold war era machinery.

I like Nanosolar too. Printing solar collectors on flexible areas. I can see this technology developing "paint" we can use on future electric cars.

That is really kewl. There was also a company out there making solar roofing shingles. Talk about a "Well, duh" moment. I can't even imagine how much solar power could be generated from the exposed roofs of all the buildings in the US.

ETA: Found a link.

Edited by cre8tiff

I always wondered if Solar Panels can re-create sunlight....

in example....say if we had to live in a domed city because of the weather conditions, what if the entire outside was all covered with solar paneling and it channeled sunlight on the inside as if it were a lamp....but with what the sun gave off like vitamin D and etc...

I don't think it is that far fetched...and I think we might have to resort to it within the next 40 years...

Edited by Avernus

in example....say if we had to live in a domed city because of the weather conditions, what if the entire outside was all covered with solar paneling and it channeled sunlight on the inside as if it were a lamp....but with what the sun gave off like vitamin B and etc...

I don't think it is that far fetched...and I think we might have to resort to it within the next 40 years...

Sunlight gives Vitamin D.

in example....say if we had to live in a domed city because of the weather conditions, what if the entire outside was all covered with solar paneling and it channeled sunlight on the inside as if it were a lamp....but with what the sun gave off like vitamin D and etc...

Yes :wacko:

They have used it for years to bring sunlight to basement levels in Japan.

Yes :wacko:

They have used it for years to bring sunlight to basement levels in Japan.

wow....this proves we have what it takes to avoid disaster because of the fact that we can build in-door cities while still getting sunlight...

edit: this doesn't seem to do what I was completely thinking...

I wanted to be able to come up with the 1st solar paneled tanning bed for women to throw their....money at me to use...

I would imagine they'd prefer it over the fake n bake...

Edited by Avernus

wow....this proves we have what it takes to avoid disaster because of the fact that we can build in-door cities while still getting sunlight...

edit: this doesn't seem to do what I was completely thinking...

I wanted to be able to come up with the 1st solar paneled tanning bed for women to throw their....money at me to use...

I would imagine they'd prefer it over the fake n bake...

Did you read the comments? Someone said they found a way to intensify the light into a solar laser they use for surgery in Isreal...

Shouldn't be hard to make a "sun room" made of these things for baking.

Did you read the comments? Someone said they found a way to intensify the light into a solar laser they use for surgery in Isreal...

Shouldn't be hard to make a "sun room" made of these things for baking.

yeah, I read the comments, but I didn't see that one :D

one of the ones I saw said...

Can it give you a sunburn? I assume not (the panels don't collect UV rays?). But I get burned quite easily...

edit: but apparently I was to lazy to read the very bottom comment ....:wacko:

Edited by Avernus