[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ckuf Time Warner

detlef

Every manner I deal with Time Warner illustrates what a screwed up company they are. In one respect, I benefit, in all the rest I'm either hosed or are previously hosed. None the less, the common element is that they absolutely suck at what they do.

My home:

Some time ago, we decided to downgrade our cable from standard to basic. The managed to do as much with our bill but never with our service, so we've been paying $12 a month for standard cable for about 3 years now. That's the screw up that hooks me up.

Not long ago, I lost service entirely and the technicians identified it was my main feed. I was without internet or cable for about 3 days while these mensas figured out that my main cable to my house was effed, then fixed it, then told me a crew would be out within weeks to bury the new cable (running across my backyard lawn). That was about 3 months and a half dozen calls ago.

My work:

I've had TWC for my internet since we opened. It's been adequate but the modem kept resetting itself whenever we had a power outage and it was always a bit of a hassle.

About 3 months ago, in a fit of stupidity that was prompted by the fact that it dawned on me that I was being raped by the phone company, I decided to switch to TWC digital phone for the restaurant. This will go down as one of the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. The result was endless hassles and constant outages. Frustrating as all hell. Seriously, when I hear ads for TWC digital phone service, it infuriates me because THE SERVICE IS EFFING CRAP! YOU WANNA SAVE MONEY? THEN JUST DON'T HAVE A PHONE BECAUSE HAVING TWC PHONE IS BASICALLY THE SAME THING!

At any rate, I went back to the phone company and they just happened to give me a better price than I was paying for cable anyway. Amazingly enough, my phone works again.

Stupidity, incompetence, and apathy is the norm with these so-called "service" companies. AT&T, Verizon, the power companies, on and on, they all blow near as I can tell. Hell Verizon f'ed up my 'net service well over a year ago and I'm still screwing w/them to set my bill straight. I know several other people who have also had major billing SNAFUs with them. Much as I hate gov't intervention, they should have some kind of laws implemented such that if it's proven the company f'ed up, THEY pay, not you. Yeah I know it's a dream.