[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College hoops

Gopher

first off my comment was in regard to UA under Olsen - so let's go with that time frame, which goes back 25 years or so..........

ESPN did a nice job here

these guys have UA at #5, and I quote Top 5 ranking is a no-brainer

does a nice job of throwing in alot of factors and some negatives. THE FACTS are UA was so freaking conistent and good under Olsen and the had a coupe early exits and they SHOULD have won a couple more titles ( the Kerr/Elliott team at the top of the list).

The program has been at the top of any list you care to make under Olsen - to say otherwise is flat out idiotic

me thinks your not much of a college hoops fan and just more of a KU nut-hugger or just bitter because UA beat you hillbillies in '97

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say top 10 of the last 10 year, I said top 10 programs. Anyone will say without hesitation that the top 6 are

I think you're just a honk who hasn't bothered to be involved with Kentucky basketball since the last time they were a power and are figuring that times haven't changed. Throwing together the list of university teams with the most all-time wins hardly defines what a legitimate program is at this point in time.

I mean, St. John's hasn't made the NCAA tournament since 2002, but you without hesitation include them over a program that has 24 consecutive NCAA appearances, a national title, and multiple final four bids since Chris Mullin and Bill Wennington slurped malt liquor on center court at Alumni Hall? Your credibility smells after sauce like that.

first off my comment was in regard to UA under Olsen - so let's go with that time frame, which goes back 25 years or so..........

ESPN did a nice job here

these guys have UA at #5, and I quote Top 5 ranking is a no-brainer

does a nice job of throwing in alot of factors and some negatives. THE FACTS are UA was so freaking conistent and good under Olsen and the had a coupe early exits and they SHOULD have won a couple more titles ( the Kerr/Elliott team at the top of the list).

The program has been at the top of any list you care to make under Olsen - to say otherwise is flat out idiotic

me thinks your not much of a college hoops fan and just more of a KU nut-hugger or just bitter because UA beat you hillbillies in '97

I have no clue how anyone could infer that I am a Kansas fan from this thread.

Fine, I will swap out St. John's for UA. They're still not an "elite" job. There are 6 elite jobs, period.

OT, Cousins just committed to UK. If Wall and Henry follow, could be a quick turnaround in Lexington.

Edited by Cyclones

I have no clue how anyone could infer that I am a Kansas fan from this thread.

Fine, I will swap out St. John's for UA. They're still not an "elite" job. There are 6 elite jobs, period.

OT, Cousins just committed to UK. If Wall and Henry follow, could be a quick turnaround in Lexington.

hey hillbilly - I don't remember anyone ever saying it was an elite job - no clue where you are getting this from........nice way to try and cover ur wack posts,

but I would put Sean Miller close to the top of anyone's list for young coaching hires.........

Kentucky will always be Kansas and Indiana's b1tch

hey hillbilly - I don't remember anyone ever saying it was an elite job - no clue where you are getting this from........nice way to try and cover ur wack posts,

but I would put Sean Miller close to the top of anyone's list for young coaching hires.........

I actually would have thought you were above petty name calling, Wildcat. I'm Canadian and have spent time living in Lexington and the Philippines since 1996. I'm far from a hillbilly. But if it makes you feel better, keep it up.

• 5 weeks later...

I actually just noticed that bolded statement above...sorry, but I find it hard to take criticism from a guy who says something like this when UK's combined record vs. those 2 schools is 48-29.