[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deadly Rampage

loaf

The coward took his own life. I really hope, when doing interview with neighbors and co-workers, nobody says: "he was a quiet gentleman. I am surprised he would do this. I never would have thought of him". Good lord....why do we always say that about serial killers and shooting spree people. Just once I'd like to hear: "yep that mother f'r was a loose cannon. I'm not surprised at all he did this".

There has been an awful lot of gun violence reported of late.

Which is why I'm in the process of getting my CHL. The world we're in a a messed up place. I can only think what would have happened, or the lives that could have been saved if there was someone there that had a way to defend themselves and all of the innocent people that die because of some dick that can't take losing his job.

Which is why I'm in the process of getting my CHL. The world we're in a a messed up place. I can only think what would have happened, or the lives that could have been saved if there was someone there that had a way to defend themselves and all of the innocent people that die because of some dick that can't take losing his job.

There would seem to be something fundamentally contradictory with the solution to out of control gun violence being "more guns." I'm not trying to discourage you from getting your CHL, or anything. Just bemoaning our societal situation in general.

There would seem to be something fundamentally contradictory with the solution to out of control gun violence being "more guns."

Not really. If someone else had a gun, they could have possibly put this guy down before he killed 12 people. With these rough economic times I fear more violence whether it be gun, knife or just plain old beating. Me and my wife are going to go get our CHL next month.

Not really. If someone else had a gun, they could have possibly put this guy down before he killed 12 people. With these rough economic times I fear more violence whether it be gun, knife or just plain old beating. Me and my wife are going to go get our CHL next month.

What would have resulted in fewer deaths: someone else having a gun, or that lunatic not having one? If you can't see the simple answer to that question then it's probably not worth discussing any further.

I can only think what would have happened, or the lives that could have been saved if there was someone there that had a way to defend themselves and all of the innocent people that die because of some dick that can't take losing his job.

It looks to me like the one who had a way to "defend themselves" did all the killing.

Merely that its a sad state of affairs that the best solution we can come up with is adding more fuel to the fire. You shouldn't have to carry a gun to feel safe from guns.

Well, I agree that "that lunatic not having a gun" would've resulted in fewer deaths, but the fact is, the lunatics have guns. Lunatics are always gonna have guns.

I agree that that's a sad state of affairs but I think that the only solution is to try to protect yourself and your family as best you can. The only way to do that today is to carry. :wacko:

Well, I agree that "that lunatic not having a gun" would've resulted in fewer deaths, but the fact is, the lunatics have guns. Lunatics are always gonna have guns.

I agree that that's a sad state of affairs but I think that the only solution is to try to protect yourself and your family as best you can. The only way to do that today is to carry. :wacko:

The fundamental problem is, and always will be, that the difference between you, "a law abiding gun owner" and the lunatic on a shooting spree is just one really bad day. You might get a gun to protect yourself, but that does nothing to protect me against you. So now I have to get a gun. Further assuming that *everyone* is walking around with guns these situations become more likely, not less likely. We obtain the hope and promise of greater personal safety at the cost of making society at large ever more dangerous. And there's something really depressing about that.

What would have resulted in fewer deaths: someone else having a gun, or that lunatic not having one? If you can't see the simple answer to that question then it's probably not worth discussing any further.

the problem with that is the lunatic and criminals will always find a way to get a gun. or some other weapon of choice. knowing someone else might put a bullet in your head if u try something is a mighty strong deterent.

the problem with that is the lunatic and criminals will always find a way to get a gun. or some other weapon of choice. knowing someone else might put a bullet in your head if u try something is a mighty strong deterent.

I don't know any of the details of this case, but if this guy fits the MO, he's probably not a career criminal and a history of mental illness or at least signs of it. There are laws prohibiting folks like this from buying/owning guns, but the state is miserably inefficient at identifying these individuals - ie the Virginia shooter.

It might be a sad state of our society, YO - but it's one I believe we should shoulder in the interest of freedom.

Not really. If someone else had a gun, they could have possibly put this guy down before he killed 12 people.

Or they could've missed and been killed by him, which might've also enraged him to kill even more before killing himself. Or they could've missed and killed someone themselves.

Yes, all this gun violence. If only more people carried guns! I think we should make them easier to get.

the problem with that is the lunatic and criminals will always find a way to get a gun.
er many of these people aren't criminals and sorry but that's BS. Make it harder to get guns, fewer people will have them. Not everyone is the Godfather.

or some other weapon of choice.
like-? Do you seriously think a knife remotely as easy to attack/kill someone with or anywhere near as effective of a weapon? Or do you foresee people buying rocket launchers on the black market if they can't get guns or something?

knowing someone else might put a bullet in your head if u try something is a mighty strong deterent.
Yeah cuz lunatics are known for being logical.

:wacko:

Or they could've missed and been killed by him, which might've also enraged him to kill even more before killing himself. Or they could've missed and killed someone themselves.

Yes, all this gun violence. If only more people carried guns! I think we should make them easier to get.

Most people with a CHL are very accurate due to the amount of range time required to get a CHL. In order to get a CHL they do a back ground check with includes mental health history. We don't need to place more regulation son on legal handgun ownership and for that matter carrying, we just need to man up and enforce the laws that we have.

Wow. I guess this guy was a Vietnamese immigrant that had been in the US for 28 years. He was frustrated about losing his job and not being able to speak English well.

I don't know what the answer is to keeping guns out of the hands of the unstable. There is a valid argument to be made advocating more concealed carry. If just one or two people in that building would have been armed, this would have been a much less tragic scene.