[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blackberry: Buy Storm now or wait for Storm2 w/wifi?

Donutrun Jellies

I understand there's always new technology coming, so typically when I'm ready to buy I just buy and don't worry about what's coming next, but this one caught my eye ... I'm about to enter the blackberry fray (staying with verizon because it actually has good service here in rural Vermont) and am trying to decide if I go with the Storm with its internet access or wait for the Storm2 (supposedly to be released by Verizon in Sept) that will have wifi.

I'm looking for the blackberry as a phone that can deliver useable internet/email access when I don't have my laptop handy -- boosting the time I can spend obsessing over fantasy football ...

Insights? Storm owners thoughts on the usability of the internet connection without wifi? Other thoughts on the Storm or other blackberry models like the curve or pearl? ... iphone not a viable option in our area ...

I <3 my Curve. I considered the Storm, and may have opted for it had I had the funds.... plus I'm not too into touch-screen typing. But the enhanced browser on the Curve is pretty much as good as the Storm - although maybe not as fast. I am a Blackberry user for life now. But not sure I would like the Storm.

Another :heart: for the Curve. Browser works great for me, e-mail/messaging is good, basically handles everything I need it to.

My dad has the Storm and likes it, but, much like Darin, I am not really into the touch screen thing.... not a real factor for me.