[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

skiing / boarding huddlers

Bier Meister

was just talking to billay and he suggested get a huddle group together. does anyone else want to plan a trip?

i'd suggest:

austria

switzerland

utah

itlay

colorado is easy for me and i'd be happy to do it, just figure if i can actually get time off to do it, do something a little different.

Edited by Bier Meister

I wish! I can't even get to Alta/Snowbird or Jackson Hole.

If it happens here, I'm in.

if in CO, i'd like to do telluride or wolf creek. it's not hard to twist my arm into vail (i don't get tired of it)...plus i can get us decent rates.

edit: and this would be for next year.

Edited by Bier Meister

Alta's got 4' of fresh snow from the same storm that's dumping on you now. Nice spring storm.

I gave up skiing years ago in favor of hunting and fishing during the winter months. I still miss it though.

oh yeah. we've been getting A LOT since last night....more coming

just for kicks i did a search for 1/9/10 - 1/16/10

lech, aus: 1 rm w/ 2 beds= $ 120/night

zermatt, ch: 1 rm w/ 2 beds= $180/night

cortina, it: 1 rm w/ 2 beds= $140/night

val gardena, it: $140/night

flights from denver to munich= $800-1000

den to zurich= $800-850

Three weeks ago I went skiing for the first time in 20 years.

Was awesome. Used to ski A LOT when I was a kid, and it seems it's like riding a bike. It all comes rigth back.

Anywho we were in a great little village calles Monetier les Bains, part of the Serre Chevalier ski staion in the Alps (alt 2800m). Can't recommend it enough.

We rented a very large chalet (~1600 sq ft) with three bedrooms for 1400E for the week. The station also had hot springs that were great to go to at the end of the day.

I noticed that France was not on your list, but if you would like any extra info, or help reserving, I would be happy to provide it because this was a great place.

i have heard very good things about the french alps (just not as drawn to it as the other countries mentioned). cozy town that we could take over bars sounds perfect... i have done very little research with this so i am very open to different ideas. i think the idea of a large chalet/house sounds very good as well (plus if we go that route, you guys get a personal chef :wacko: )

Edited by Bier Meister