[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Swiss' mock draft

Swiss Cheezhead

There are actually quite a few of us that hold Brown in very high regard.

I think the Cardinals are going to get a steal at 31. And I also think it's possible the Colts take him, if certain players are off the board.

Outside chance the Eagles take him at 21, the Colts take him at 27, or the Cardinals take him at 31.

If the Ronnie Brown rumor is true then look for the Dolphins to get in the mix as well.

The only two teams that we can actually rule out would be the Vikings and the Titans. Even the Patriots and the Bills could be interested.

My gut feeling says Arizona at 31.

Edited by Mr Hammock

I think the Cardinals are going to get a steal at 31. And I also think it's possible the Colts take him, if certain players are off the board.

Outside chance the Eagles take him at 21, the Colts take him at 27, or the Cardinals take him at 31.

If the Ronnie Brown rumor is true then look for the Dolphins to get in the mix as well.

The only two teams that we can actually rule out would be the Vikings and the Titans. Even the Patriots and the Bills could be interested.

My gut feeling says Arizona at 31.

If the Cards land KnowMo at 31, it will be a steal and he will become the undisputed #1 rookie taken in every draft.

I would love to see KC trade down to #12 for the right total compensation...although, there is an increasingly high chance that all four of the top OTs are gone by #12...

Doubt you see a deal like that in the division, though.

When you post a mock draft you have to have thick skin. I post mine here because I value most of the people’s opinion here. Some people here have made me think about things in a different way so having an open mind in a debate is always the best policy.

Buffalo could get a good DE and/or a good OT at 11 or 28. It doesn’t matter which way they go. All they have to do is set back and watch what happens and take advantage of what is left. What would be so wrong with them going Everett Brown, Tyson Jackson, or Ayers at 11 and then following it up with a Britton, Beatty, or Loadholt at 28? On the other hand it is possible that a top 4 OT could fall to them at 11 and they could in return still get a good DE at 28. Either way they will win if they stay put. Trying to trade up will be a waste. Buffalo needs to much to trade two first round picks for one.

Who would take Curry? How about every team drafting before #8. The Lions are working out a mock deal with him right now to see if he could be their #1. That won’t likely happen, but there is no way he will fall past 5.

Denver IS sold on Orton. You have to ask yourself, where is Josh McDaniels from. Brady was drafted in the sixth round, Cassel was drafted in the seventh, and Orton was drafted in the fourth. McDaniels chose Orton because he wins and he is the kind of QB that fits what he wants to do. They will give Orton a shot this year and see what happens. What do they have to lose? It’s not realistic a rookie will comes in and fixes the situation this year.

Wells is better than Brown? I know some people who would actually disagree with you, including me. I would take Brown over Wells any day. Sure Wells is big and fast, but he won’t give you 30 carries a game and he doesn’t have the hands that Brown does. Wells will go earlier based on the measurables, but Brown will have the better career. Hightower and Brown are not clones. They are very different. For starters Brown runs closer to the ground while Hightower runs more standing up.

Saturday didn’t almost retire. He tested the market and decided to resign with the Colts. How many draft picks do you want the Colts to spend on their OL? Going C/G early in the draft really isn’t the Colts motto, unless it is the best player on the board. Wood would be a reach and he would be sitting all year watching. The Colts might go guard later, but it would be a Howard Mudd pick. Mudd has taken many late second day picks and even undrafted picks and made them into quality players.

How can you really believe Raji will fall to 16? I just can’t for the life of me understand why you are even arguing this point. There is ZERO chance that Raji makes it past Denver at 12. He will go much earlier than that, probably to the Jags. I have done three solid mock drafts and every time Raji went to the Jags. Even if he would have fallen then he would have to slip past Packers, 49ers, Bills, Broncos, Redskins, Saints, and Texans to make it to 16. Not going to happen, my friend. :wacko:

We all know who Vince Young is, but cutting him comes with a price and they will eat it on the cap. They also will have to eat crow. What harm does it do to keep him on the team and hope for a miracle? Maybe Collins goes down and Young comes in and saves the day. Laugh now but stranger things have happened. If I were the Titans I would not cut Young until close to the end of his contract.

I see that you and I do not agree on Alphonso Smith. You see I think he will go in front of Vontae Davis. Davis has a little better skills, but Smith brings the character that you want on your football team. Smith will likely be gone before 32, but if there he is probably going to be very high on the Steelers chart.

First of all, there's no issue of "thick skin" here -- believe me, anyone posting just about ANYthing here on this board needs to develop thick skin pretty quickly. I'm sure you're starting to figure that out. :D

Your arguments are fair; I just tend to disagree with most of them. Either one of us could be right.

Why don't we each submit a mock draft and see whose is objectively better? I've submitted mine here: http://challengegames.nfl.com/predictpick. Rules are here: http://challengegames.nfl.com/predictpick/picks/rules. We each can submit our final mock no later than, say, midnight ET on Friday the 24th, and be sure to post it here on the board, too. When the draft is over, NFL.com calculates the scores. Winner between us gets to take the other's sigline for a month.

Deal?

First of all, there's no issue of "thick skin" here -- believe me, anyone posting just about ANYthing here on this board needs to develop thick skin pretty quickly. I'm sure you're starting to figure that out. :wacko:

Your arguments are fair; I just tend to disagree with most of them. Either one of us could be right.

Why don't we each submit a mock draft and see whose is objectively better? I've submitted mine here: http://challengegames.nfl.com/predictpick. Rules are here: http://challengegames.nfl.com/predictpick/picks/rules. We each can submit our final mock no later than, say, midnight ET on Friday the 24th, and be sure to post it here on the board, too. When the draft is over, NFL.com calculates the scores. Winner between us gets to take the other's sigline for a month.

Deal?

I am already signed up for it.

I really don't have any need for your sigline, but I will guarantee that if you stay in the same direction that you are then you will not even come close to me.

I am already signed up for it.

I really don't have any need for your sigline, but I will guarantee that if you stay in the same direction that you are then you will not even come close to me.

Ok -- we'll just have to have a "subjective" contest, then. Please just keep all those "stone cold locks" right where they are. :wacko: