[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grab your guns to shoot holes in this mock

keggerz

I don't usually mess with trying to predict the NFL Draft but for some reason I felt compelled to

do so this year...so feel free to have fun at my expense...The one thing that I feel very comfortable saying

without doing any research at all is that I doubt there is another Mock out there that starts like mine does for the 1st 3 picks...I also

am not even gonna mess with who I think is trading up and/or down...especially with how fluid one trade

can make the rest of the 1st round...sowith that said....load those guns up and start shootin'

Det: Eugene Monroe OT

STL: Jason Smith OT

KC: Andre Smith OT

SEA: Matthew Stafford QB

CLE: Michael Crabtree WR

CINN: Brian Orapko DE

OAK: Jeremy Maclin WR

JAX: Michael Oher OT

GB: BJ Raji DT

SF: Mark Sanchez QB

BUFF: Tyson Jackson DE

DEN: Aaron Curry LB

WASH: Robert Ayers DE

NO: Malcom Jenkins CB

HOU: Brian Cushing LB

SD: Rey Mauluga LB

NYJ: Hakeem Nicks WR

DEN: Peria Jerry DT

TB: Aaron Maybin DE

DET: James Laurinatis LB

PHI: Branden Pettigrew TE

MINN: Eben Britton OT

NE: Darius Butler CB

ATL: Everette Brown DE

MIA: Clay Mathews LB

BALT: Darius Heyward-Bey WR

INDY: Fili Moala DT

BUFF: Michael Johnson DE

NYG: Kenny Britt WR

Tenn: SenDerrick Marks DT

ARZ: Knoshon Moreno RB

PITT: Eric Wood C

:wacko:

Edited by keggerz

Curry won't make it past Seattle in my opinion.

Not a big Raji fan but hear Green Bay will take him if he's there.

I think Pittsburgh would take Duke Robinson before Wood.

No Josh Freeman?

Not bad.

I like it. It's what I would've done, uhh, no offense :wacko:

I agree that Curry would be taken earlier.

I actually think he is one of the guys that once he starts to fall will trigger a trade and throw a wrench in this mock

edit: and it wouldnt surpise me to see Cinncy take Curry either

Edited by keggerz

Det: Eugene Monroe OT

STL: Jason Smith OT

KC: Andre Smith OT

SEA: Matthew Stafford QB

CLE: Michael Crabtree WR

CINN: Brian Orapko DE

OAK: Jeremy Maclin WR

JAX: Michael Oher OT

GB: BJ Raji DT

SF: Mark Sanchez QB

BUFF: Tyson Jackson DE

DEN: Aaron Curry LB

WASH: Robert Ayers DE

NO: Malcom Jenkins CB

HOU: Brian Cushing LB

SD: Rey Mauluga LB

NYJ: Hakeem Nicks WR

DEN: Peria Jerry DT

TB: Aaron Maybin DE

DET: James Laurinatis LB

PHI: Branden Pettigrew TE

MINN: Eben Britton OT

NE: Darius Butler CB

ATL: Everette Brown DE

MIA: Clay Mathews LB

BALT: Darius Heyward-Bey WR

INDY: Fili Moala DT

BUFF: Michael Johnson DE

NYG: Kenny Britt WR

Tenn: SenDerrick Marks DT

ARZ: Knoshon Moreno RB

PITT: Eric Wood C

I can see some of it going that way, but not three OT's in a row to open the draft. I don’t think that has ever happened before.

What is interesting is barring Curry will not fall that far, you seemed to be able to readjust the draft back to normal as the picks went on, although some of the picks you had are way too high.

I think once the first 5 picks are over the 2009 draft is going to be very easy to follow and pick apart.

Edited by Mr Hammock

:wacko:

I will just keep beating this drum on behalf of most 49er homers I know on this board and in general.

Come draft day if they did indeed take Sanchez at #10 not only would I be shocked, I would be very disappointed as I am sure most 49er fans would be, but I will eat my crow and go to my corner, I just honestly don't for the life of me see them doing this.

Buffalo taking 2 DEs in round 1? I think not.

How bad do the bills need a DE? That might make history.

actually I couldnt figure out exactly what the bills would do but I think they come away with 1 of those guys so I sorta hedged my bet is all

i toyed with an OL or an OLB here but in end I just decided to hedge as said above(if it makes you feel better you can plug in William Beatty, OT, Connecticut for the 28th pick)

Edited by keggerz

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on the Curry fall. Is he a better prospect than Keith Rivers, Ernie Sims, Derrick Johnson or Patrick Willis? No. Is he going to be selected much higher than those guys because of team needs? No. In fact, it's hard to make an argument that any team in the top 10 really "needs" a linebacker like Curry. He a strongside LB who doesn't rush the passer. I'm not hatin' on the dude, but being the best LB in the 2009 class isn't much of a selling point. Especially considering the 3-4 teams who have no use for him, he could easily fall to #12, where I'd agree that Denver would be all over him. Wherever he ends up, he'll be a solid, sure-tackling LB. But you don't pay $30 million guaranteed for THAT.

Criticisms: I don't think Nicks will be drafted in the top 40, the Niners won't draft Sanchez (or even have a chance to), I couldn't see Denver passing on the top RB on their board in favor of Jerry, and (of course) Buffalo probably won't draft two DEs in the 1st. :D Recently, they've been unafraid to draft for need (Whitner, Lynch, McKelvin), and they HAVE to get an OT with one of their first two picks.

I like the rest of the mock, though. :wacko:

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on the Curry fall. Is he a better prospect than Keith Rivers, Ernie Sims, Derrick Johnson or Patrick Willis? No. Is he going to be selected much higher than those guys because of team needs? No. In fact, it's hard to make an argument that any team in the top 10 really "needs" a linebacker like Curry. He a strongside LB who doesn't rush the passer. I'm not hatin' on the dude, but being the best LB in the 2009 class isn't much of a selling point. Especially considering the 3-4 teams who have no use for him, he could easily fall to #12, where I'd agree that Denver would be all over him. Wherever he ends up, he'll be a solid, sure-tackling LB. But you don't pay $30 million guaranteed for THAT.

Criticisms: I don't think Nicks will be drafted in the top 40, the Niners won't draft Sanchez (or even have a chance to), I couldn't see Denver passing on the top RB on their board in favor of Jerry, and (of course) Buffalo probably won't draft two DEs in the 1st. :D Recently, they've been unafraid to draft for need (Whitner, Lynch, McKelvin), and they HAVE to get an OT with one of their first two picks.

I like the rest of the mock, though. :wacko:

I will try to update this in a couple of days and will try to include possible trades too

If Jenkins, Jackson, and Ayers are indeed already picked, then Maualuga (as you've suggested) or Jerry would be my guesses for the Bolts. This mock is very possible.

If Jenkins, Jackson, and Ayers are indeed already picked, then Maualuga (as you've suggested) or Jerry would be my guesses for the Bolts. This mock is very possible.

How about AJ trading with the Eagles that includes Sheldon Brown? They get there guy in KnowMO, we get a CB and picks? Nah...AJ wouldn't do that for a 30yr old would he? Please god NO!!

Edited by tazinib1

I dont think the Texans go LB, especially after signing June. I am thinking more along the lines of a CB.

:wacko: Interesting. Almost everything I've seen has them going LB, so I drank the Kool-Aid...even though I never considered LB a big need. They have four guys who can play -- Adibi waiting in the wings, Diles played well last year, and June could be a solid backup at both OLB spots (if Adibi doesn't have a good offseason).

CB might even be better value at their draft spot. I think Darius Butler would be a very solid pick there.

:wacko: Interesting. Almost everything I've seen has them going LB, so I drank the Kool-Aid...even though I never considered LB a big need. They have four guys who can play -- Adibi waiting in the wings, Diles played well last year, and June could be a solid backup at both OLB spots (if Adibi doesn't have a good offseason).

CB might even be better value at their draft spot. I think Darius Butler would be a very solid pick there.

I am thinking Cushing, Jenkins, Jerry, or Heyward-Bey.

You have to remember that Cato June is a small linebacker (6-0 227). He played safety in college and for all we know they may have him play SS. the year is long and many decisions still to make.

I am thinking Cushing, Jenkins, Jerry, or Heyward-Bey.

You have to remember that Cato June is a small linebacker (6-0 227). He played safety in college and for all we know they may have him play SS. the year is long and many decisions still to make.

Zia is a very in tune homer that I have a hugh amount of respect for so if he says he thinks that the texans will go CB I am going to listen to him and after doing so I agree that I can see them going CB so I did make that change in my version 2 mock

Zia is a very in tune homer that I have a hugh amount of respect for so if he says he thinks that the texans will go CB I am going to listen to him and after doing so I agree that I can see them going CB so I did make that change in my version 2 mock

Yeah and Chris Wells is not a fan favorite pick by the Saints fans either but he will probably go there. Not to be rude, but what is your point?

Yeah and Chris Wells is not a fan favorite pick by the Saints fans either but he will probably go there. Not to be rude, but what is your point?

my point is that i see a couple of ways the texans can go and since i dont have a line to their war room I am putting some stock in one of their homers whose opinion I happen to respect a lot.

my point is that i see a couple of ways the texans can go and since i dont have a line to their war room I am putting some stock in one of their homers whose opinion I happen to respect a lot.

I respect everyone too, but it doesn't mean I am going to believe everything that they do. I think it's better to have an objective point of view. It has nothing to do with respect.

How many Eagles picks have their fans got right for you over the years? :wacko:

I respect everyone too, but it doesn't mean I am going to believe everything that they do. I think it's better to have an objective point of view. It has nothing to do with respect.

How many Eagles picks have their fans got right for you over the years? :wacko:

I don't think it is as much a matter of who we want our homer teams to pick but rather being a bit more in tune with what they may actually do than the average fan.

There are certain guys around here you look to when you want to get a bit closer to the pulse of a certain team.

Zia= Houston

Rajun= New Orleans

Rovers=Jets

On and on.

If you hang around here long enough I will be surprised if you don't start seeking some of these guys opinions when you do your mocks in years to come.

I don't think it is as much a matter of who we want our homer teams to pick but rather being a bit more in tune with what they may actually do than the average fan.

There are certain guys around here you look to when you want to get a bit closer to the pulse of a certain team.

Zia= Houston

Rajun= New Orleans

Rovers=Jets

On and on.

If you hang around here long enough I will be surprised if you don't start seeking some of these guys opinions when you do your mocks in years to come.

I get that some fans are more in-tune with their teams than others. But fans can get attached to a certain player and I don't pit much value in that.