[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Gonzalez traded to Falcons for 2010 2nd round pick

peepinmofo

My point exactly. If they were not leaning towards trading out of the 1.3, then I'm pretty sure they would have gotten a pick for THIS year..not 2010.

Pretty sure the Falcons had more to do with that than the Chiefs.

We need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball. And if you are going to trade for a 33 year old TE, albeit a future hall of famer TE, you better be making a run sooner rather than later.

I think the Chiefs wanted a 2009 pick but the Falcons wouldn't give them one.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Related to this trade ... Sirius made a pretty big deal about saying that KC wanted to get rid of people that don't want to be there.

If so, look for the possibility of new homes for Brian Waters and Larry Johnson.

FWIW, if we get a 3rd or 4th for either one, that would probably be about right. Lots of teams could use a dominating OG (for example, PHI if the trade hunks of their OL to CLE in the rumored Edwards deal). Presumably there would be a market for LJ, but it would be smaller than the market for Waters.

Geez is everything about the Patriots to you. Seriously....

further proof that the mere mention of "patriots" is like nails on a chalkboard to you....because you are jealous

so sorry to mention that a former employee of the patriots is having some success and just plucked a hall of fame TE for a 2nd round pick in next years draft....lol

i continue to wish the cowboys success on winning their first playoff game since '96

I'm too lazy to read this whole thread cause TBH, this trade really doesn't do anything for me. So...that being said, does anybody else find it odd that KC didn't ask for a 2009 2nd rounder but a 2010? Since they don't have one, this struck me as odd and I'm now seriuosly thinking they trade out of the 1.3 spot to gain a pick package for THIS year.

Are you on CRACK? As a fellow Charger fan, the only thing for years now that I have seen the Chiefs effectively do on a consistent basis to the Chargers is SHRED US WITH TONY G.

I mean, win or lose, he was always there making me pull my hair out!

I have always liked and respected him and now that he is with the Falcons, it will be more enjoyable to see him do well.

So long Tony G. Godspeed, but we ain't gonna miss you in San Diego Charger World.