[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Theater

westvirginia

I just upgraded to HD, got a 32" Samsung LCD and a blu-ray. I want a home theater in a box. I don't have a ton to spend, just something with more bass and depth than the TV speakers. Of course it has to be able to have the HDMI stuff. It doean't have to be killer, just a decent system and fairly cheap.

ETA: Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by westvirginia

Look at the Samsung systems. I believe they sell a combo, and at least your remotes would match up.

Edit to add: the Samsung LCD's are nice. I was real close to getting one, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Edited by Chief Dick

http://www.shoponkyo.com/detail.cfm?produc...1&ext_war=1

shoponkyo.com

not the best thing you can get but as far as HTIB's go the one I linked to is a pretty nice system...fwiw, i have one(have to check the model) and have been very happy with it

I've had the Onkyo receiver for 15 years and still growing strong. That refurbished system is a good deal.

I know that both Onkyo and Yamaha put out pretty decent HTiB. The weakness of both systems will be the speakers but I doubt that you'll notice. As always with home electronics, please go listen to a system first, preferably with a couple of DVDs that you are very familiar with. Listen not just for explosions and stuff like that, but for sections where the audio goes from loud to soft and vice versa very quickly. This wil gve you an indication of how the system handles the dynamic portions of a soundtrack. Soft, whispered conversations can also be tough on systems.

I also have the Onkyo system and have been very happy with it. I am not the best judge of sound as I don't hear very well but everyone I have had over to watch movies has been impressed with the setup.