[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wheres the money?

dmarc117

Here is the catch-22:

If the FED tells everyone who got the money, it will very clearly illuminate which banks are in the worst shape and could easily cause a run on those banks which could lead to even more problems in the financial system. (A similar thing happened duing the Great Depression.)

I'm not saying that transparency is bad--I'm just saying that we should be prepared for negative repercussions from such transparency.

Edit to add: Although in the long-run, rules that would require transparency in situations like this should have a moderating effect on banks that might prevent them from doing such stupid stuff to begin with. Maybe.

Edited by wiegie

Here is the catch-22:

If the FED tells everyone who got the money, it will very clearly illuminate which banks are in the worst shape and could easily cause a run on those banks which could lead to even more problems in the financial system. (A similar thing happened duing the Great Depression.)

I'm not saying that transparency is bad--I'm just saying that we should be prepared for negative repercussions from such transparency.

i agree, but atleast know where it is. she appeared to have no clue.

Although in the long-run, rules that would require transparency in situations like this should have a moderating effect on banks that might prevent them from doing such stupid stuff to begin with. Maybe.

When pigs fly. As soon as they get the chance, the Wall Street brigade will be back to their week to week myopia strategy to maximize their bonuses.

Here is the catch-22:

Edit to add: Although in the long-run, rules that would require transparency in situations like this should have a moderating effect on banks that might prevent them from doing such stupid stuff to begin with. Maybe.

Are we also prepared for possible negative repercussions from transparency in relation to the war on terror? I don't think we are.

I'd like to know which institutions had to take the TARP money that didn't need it, and see if any of them were the same institutions that dropped their objection the Chrysler theft. I've also heard that the amount of cash reserves required by some of these banks by the administration has dropped, I wonder if these are the same institutions that dropped their objections to the Chrysler theft.

When pigs fly. As soon as they get the chance, the Wall Street brigade will be back to their week to week myopia strategy to maximize their bonuses.

Hence my inclusing of the "Maybe." at the end of my post.

how do you expect the bankers to be transparent when our leaders in govt are not. starts from the top.

That chick would make an excellent community organizer.

You ever tried working with Federal/State employees? They're a barrel of laughs. If we could take the paycut, anyone in the private sector would immediately be made King and declared the Smartest Person on the Planet .