[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Salary Cap Dynasty Strategy

I have joined a brand new salary cap dynasty league. This year is its first and there is no IDP.

Important details

• Salary Cap is $1000 for 2009
  • Term cap is 72 years.
  • Contracts lengths allowed are 1 to 6 year terms.
  • It's also an Auction bid that will be held on one day over the phone.

Since I have never played in a salary cap, I was wondering if there is an existing article out there or thread that I could refer to regarding Salary Cap strategy and auction draft bidding.

Thanks,

electricrelish

Can you post the scoring, roster requirements/limits, and starting lineup requirements/limits? That might help point someone in the right direction, as far as what pointers they can give you.

Can you post the scoring, roster requirements/limits, and starting lineup requirements/limits? That might help point someone in the right direction, as far as what pointers they can give you.

Sure, thanks for the response. Here are the rules:

http://docs.google.com/View?docID=d2ft7xb_...atest&hgd=1

Being in a similar league (salary cap + contracts w/ 10% yearly increase), the best advice I can give you is to plan for the future.

Dropping 40% of your cap on Adrian Peterson may be a good strategy for this year but you need to understand how that salary increase affects your team if the future years. As nerdy as it sounds, use a spreadsheet and plan how your team looks two, three and four years down the road. Apply your contract accordingly.

I've been in a salary cap dynasty for 6 years running now. If you're on aim, shoot me an i.m. and I can help you out.

electric, ask PON about the idiot that drafted Priest Holmes for 300 and failed to grab Larry Johnson, who was drafted for 19. wait, nevermind, that was me. being as how we're 6 years in, you have players that are signed to contracts with unreal cap values like Fitzgerald 29, Boldin 31, Gore 7, Turner 3, Brees 2...and the remnants of our original draft such as Portis 290, Tomlinson 360, McGahee 240, Manning 110...

electric, ask PON about the idiot that drafted Priest Holmes for 300 and failed to grab Larry Johnson, who was drafted for 19. wait, nevermind, that was me. being as how we're 6 years in, you have players that are signed to contracts with unreal cap values like Fitzgerald 29, Boldin 31, Gore 7, Turner 3, Brees 2...and the remnants of our original draft such as Portis 290, Tomlinson 360, McGahee 240, Manning 110...

You forgot about Greg Jennings at $3.

Hehehe!!! Thanks for the tips.