[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe the biggest RB question of the year

westhemess2

I'm only in a few leagues, so I'm not that knowledgeable about scoring setups... is that a common category?

No... not at all. In all of the leagues that I'm in (I'm not even going to admit how many that is... actually, I'm not even sure), I think it's the only one. It's also an IDP league, and THEY get return yardage points as well. Josh Wilson from Seattle outscored all other DB's last year by about 70 points because of that... he scored around 220, while the next highest was approx. 150. In previous years, Terrence McGee for Buffalo was the same type of player. Very different scoring system, which is one of the reasons I enjoy (and continue to play) in that particular league.

Back to the debate... I don't think either one is head and shoulders above the other, fantasy-wise (especially PPR). Non-PPR, I'd go with Thomas, who I think will ultimately have more consistent numbers from week to week. In a PPR league, though, it could go either way... ultimately, they could put up very similar numbers, in terms of total fantasy points for the year... Thomas will be a more "steady Eddie", while Bush's weekly output will fluctuate a bit more.

Back to the debate... I don't think either one is head and shoulders above the other, fantasy-wise (especially PPR). Non-PPR, I'd go with Thomas, who I think will ultimately have more consistent numbers from week to week. In a PPR league, though, it could go either way... ultimately, they could put up very similar numbers, in terms of total fantasy points for the year... Thomas will be a more "steady Eddie", while Bush's weekly output will fluctuate a bit more.

Any player can get hurt at anytime. I have a hard time justifying a high pick on a guy that is hurt all the time. I am biaesd against the guy, but the dude even gets hurt because he is so freakishly athletic. I would rather wait and grab the more consistant PT.

With Bush's injury history and the fact that PThomas will get the goalline carries, I think PThomas is a much better value since he probably will get drafted after the over hyped Reggie Bush.

Lets not forget that PT was injured and missed a game last season as well. It's not like he's shown us that he can carry the load either.

And I think that PT will be gett a lot more hype than you think. Right now he's nine spots behind Bush. The closer we get to August, when most locals draft I'm sure they'll be closer then they are now.

Any player can get hurt at anytime. I have a hard time justifying a high pick on a guy that is hurt all the time. I am biaesd against the guy, but the dude even gets hurt because he is so freakishly athletic. I would rather wait and grab the more consistant PT.

I tend to agree with you in most leagues, considering WHERE you'll be able to draft both guys. I would rather grab Thomas in the 2nd round or later pick than spend a 1st on Bush. But, the scoring system in each particular league weighs very heavily on this argument as well. Like I said, in my league where return yards get you points, as well as PPR (and it's 1.5 points per reception in that league, which is crazy), Bush was running away from the rest of the league last year before getting hurt. If he can stay healthy and give me 2/3 of that fantasy production this year, he's still worth a 1st round pick in that scoring system. The question is not only whether he can stay healthy, but how much the Saints have to protect him to keep him healthy (which means limiting his touches somewhat). Bush is very much a "risk vs. reward" type of fantasy player, which is why I'm leaning towards keeping the similar but much less risky Leon Washington, at a much lesser cost.

By RB question did you mean the Mind of Maurice Clarett? :wacko:

How I’m Feeling

I can’t hold these feelings in anymore. I want to play football again. I have a deep desire to play. I love the game. I have so much penitentiary aggression pinned up inside of me. I want to hit someone. I want to run the ball. I want to tackle someone. I want to play. I am going to play somewhere. I cannot accept how things ended. I won’t accept how they ended. I am 220, rock solid. I am moving swift, running fast, and jumping high. My mind is right and my life is in order. I am 25 but I feel like I am 18. I am still young. Those who do support me deserve and want to see me out there playing again. I play with some pretty good athletes back here. In the penitentiary you could say basketball is football. Back here everything is aggressive. Everything is intense. I know I am an asset to someone’s locker room on so many levels. I’ve survived some of life’s worst struggles. I am not a statistic. I am still here and I am still living. I didn’t and won’t give up. I am a winner. I am optimistic. I am inspirational. I am alive. I want to play for the love and the respect. I want to play for the underdogs. I want to play because I know how to really well. Hopefully, they’ll open these gates soon and I’ll be able to get out on the field again. I am healthy mentally and physically. I am rock solid. I train hard. I go hard. I’m HERE.

But they both return, yeah? One does KR, other does PR.

I would be surprised if Thomas returns kickoffs this year, at least not as their primary KR guy. The PPR is the biggest difference-maker, though. Bush is going to catch a half-dozen balls a game, easy. Thomas may catch a couple as well, but that's a six-point difference in my league, or the equivalent of a touchdown.

By RB question did you mean the Mind of Maurice Clarett? :wacko:

How I’m Feeling

I can’t hold these feelings in anymore. I want to play football again. I have a deep desire to play. I love the game. I have so much penitentiary aggression pinned up inside of me. I want to hit someone. I want to run the ball. I want to tackle someone. I want to play. I am going to play somewhere. I cannot accept how things ended. I won’t accept how they ended. I am 220, rock solid. I am moving swift, running fast, and jumping high. My mind is right and my life is in order. I am 25 but I feel like I am 18. I am still young. Those who do support me deserve and want to see me out there playing again. I play with some pretty good athletes back here. In the penitentiary you could say basketball is football. Back here everything is aggressive. Everything is intense. I know I am an asset to someone’s locker room on so many levels. I’ve survived some of life’s worst struggles. I am not a statistic. I am still here and I am still living. I didn’t and won’t give up. I am a winner. I am optimistic. I am inspirational. I am alive. I want to play for the love and the respect. I want to play for the underdogs. I want to play because I know how to really well. Hopefully, they’ll open these gates soon and I’ll be able to get out on the field again. I am healthy mentally and physically. I am rock solid. I train hard. I go hard. I’m HERE.

He deserves a second chance.

Let's add some fuel to the fire...

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/05/mu...ade_during.html

Pierre Thomas is working hard to be the 'big back' that New Orleans Saints officials desire

Posted by Brian Allee-Walsh, The Times-Picayune May 27, 2009 12:29PM

Categories: NFL, Saints, sports

Much has been made during the offseason of the Saints' apparent lack of a big running back to replace Deuce McAllister, who was released in mid-February after a stellar eight-year career in New Orleans.

Third-year pro Pierre Thomas is determined to prove his critics and the naysayers wrong.

This offseason, Thomas has added 10 pounds to his lower body in an attempt to increase his leg drive to get those tough, extra yards. He now squats 675 pounds, up from 495, and he weighs in the mid 220s while working to maintain his speed and agility.

While Thomas did fail to convert several notable short-yardage plays last season, he led the NFL in fewest rushing plays for negative yardage, according to STATS, LLC (based on a minimum of 100 carries). Of his 129 runs, only six lost yardage (.047 percent).

"Those times when we did get stopped, I felt like that was on me,'' Thomas said. "I took that personally. That's the mentality you have to have. When it's third-and-1, fourth-and-1 and they call your name, that's on you to get it. And if you don't get it, you feel like you let the team down.

"That's the one thing I'm trying to show them. When we get into camp, and we have a couple of third-and-1s, fourth-and-1s, I'm going to show 'em.''