[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blowing up a dynasty team

Just took over a dynasty squad, which is below. Standard scoring with PPR. 12 Teams. With that in mind, this team needs to be overhauled really badly.

QB: Peyton Manning / Jason Campbell

RB: Jamal Lewis / Thomas Jones / Cedric Benson / Sammy Morris / Kevin Jones / Jacob Hester

WR: Terrell Owens / Randy Moss / Donald Driver / Jerry Porter / Antwaan Randle-El / Bobby Wade

TE: Heath Miller / Ben Utecht / LJ Smith

D/ST: Eagles / Seahawks

K: Phil Dawson

No youth, and only a few older guys that are worth a dime (bag). I could play this year out and maybe squeak in to the playoffs. But I'd really like to move Moss / TO / Manning for some real depth and youth.

I have a possible trading partner with rWhite / oDaniels that I'm trying to work with. He'd like to have Moss, but has no 1st Round rookie picks for 09 or 10. I see Moss as a top 3 WR this year, a top 10 next year, and then falling after that.

i have the 8th pick in each rookie round this year.

So what would you do? Play it out and try to move them for current players, or find a team with high rookie picks and stock up?

I start moving players for picks and youth.

You could possible hold on to Owens and Moss initially, especially if you fee lthey will start out strong, and then deal them for future picks and/or slow starting young players.

Your RBs are aged, so I would look to deal there as well, especially right after one has a big game. Find a team that is a player or two short of being a legit contender and look there.

It can;t hurt to solicit offers on some of these guys now, and Manning/Moss and possibly Owens shold fetch decent prices right now. The RBs are all devalued, so you really may be best served holding on to them and hoping one or more of them has a monster game in the first 3 weeks that you can capitalize on.

I start moving players for picks and youth.

You could possible hold on to Owens and Moss initially, especially if you fee lthey will start out strong, and then deal them for future picks and/or slow starting young players.

Your RBs are aged, so I would look to deal there as well, especially right after one has a big game. Find a team that is a player or two short of being a legit contender and look there.

It can;t hurt to solicit offers on some of these guys now, and Manning/Moss and possibly Owens shold fetch decent prices right now. The RBs are all devalued, so you really may be best served holding on to them and hoping one or more of them has a monster game in the first 3 weeks that you can capitalize on.

First year in a dynasty, so valuing players is my weak spot. what kind of return are you looking at with Moss / Manning? first round rookie picks? players and first round picks? players and second round picks? for example, been offered something like Manning for 1.07/Palmer.

Just took over a dynasty squad, which is below. Standard scoring with PPR. 12 Teams. With that in mind, this team needs to be overhauled really badly.

QB: Peyton Manning / Jason Campbell

RB: Jamal Lewis / Thomas Jones / Cedric Benson / Sammy Morris / Kevin Jones / Jacob Hester

WR: Terrell Owens / Randy Moss / Donald Driver / Jerry Porter / Antwaan Randle-El / Bobby Wade

TE: Heath Miller / Ben Utecht / LJ Smith

D/ST: Eagles / Seahawks

K: Phil Dawson

No youth, and only a few older guys that are worth a dime (bag). I could play this year out and maybe squeak in to the playoffs. But I'd really like to move Moss / TO / Manning for some real depth and youth.

I have a possible trading partner with rWhite / oDaniels that I'm trying to work with. He'd like to have Moss, but has no 1st Round rookie picks for 09 or 10. I see Moss as a top 3 WR this year, a top 10 next year, and then falling after that.

i have the 8th pick in each rookie round this year.

So what would you do? Play it out and try to move them for current players, or find a team with high rookie picks and stock up?

====================================================================

=================================

I would go in a different direction. I would keep Manning, Miller, Moss and Owens and would look to move everyone else for rookie picks either this year or next. Or try to package a few (Driver and Thomas Jones) for a couple of solid younger players of hihger picks. Later in the year, if you are out of the playoffs, Moss, Manning and Owens will have much more value and you can get more depth and picks for 2010. This will get your feel wet for fantasy football and you will see how desperate owners get when they think they can make the playoffs by adding one player (ie Moss, Manning and Owens)

Someone should design a league where, within reason, everyone has to rebuild an awful team. I think it's really fun to do.

Like duplicate poker. 12 leagues with 11 good teams and 12 people, one in each league, with the exact same crap team and see who takes the longest to build a winner. So the 12 people playing against each other are all in seperate but Identical leagues.