[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Drafted Team

PhinFan76

Just drafted in a newly formed 12 team Dynasty league. The draft was divided into 2 parts; Offensive and Defensive. Each draft was 12 rounds long. The draft was a non-serpentine draft, which i found very odd for a league that was just forming its rosters.

Below was my draft (off and def) including the rookie draft.

Please review, all opinions and advice is welcome!

Offensive

1.8 WR Calvin Johnson

2.8 WR Roddy White

3.8 RB Darren McFadden

4.8 RB Marshawn Lynch

5.8 QB Matt Ryan

6.8 WR Donnie Avery

7.8 TE Dustin Keller

8.8 RB Jerious Norwood

9.8 QB Matt Shaub

10.8 WR Earl Bennett

11.88 TE Tony Sheffler

12.96 QB Kyle Orton

Defensive

1.4 DE Mario Williams

2.4 DE Aaron Shobel

3.4 LB Stewart Bradley

4.4 CB Charles Tillman

5.4 LB David Harris

6.4 LB Justin Durant

7.4 LB Stephen Cooper

8.4 LB Larry Foote

9.4 DB Terrance McGee

10.4 DB Nedu Ndukwe

11.4 DB Leigh Bodden

12.4 DB Chris Harris

Rookie Draft

1.2 WR Jeremy Maclin

2.2 RB Shonn Greene

3.2 TE Brandon Pettigrew

4.2 DB Malcolm Jenkins

5.2 LB Gerald McGrath

No Kicker? :wacko:

Aside from that, it's a good looking dynasty draft on the offense/rookie sides (I don't speak fluent IDP) .. Your first 3 rookie picks are each in good situations to thrive early on in their careers. I like Matt Ryan in the 5th of a dynasty draft from "young but already competitive" standpoint. Not sold on Kyle Orton, even in the last round, he likely won't ever help you (unless Ryan and Schaub are tooo shaken by Michael Jackson's death to ever play again) ...

Aside from that, it's a good looking dynasty draft on the offense/rookie sides (I don't speak fluent IDP) .. Your first 3 rookie picks are each in good situations to thrive early on in their careers. I like Matt Ryan in the 5th of a dynasty draft from "young but already competitive" standpoint. Not sold on Kyle Orton, even in the last round, he likely won't ever help you (unless Ryan and Schaub are tooo shaken by Michael Jackson's death to ever play again) ...

I agree...what are your starting requirements? You only have 3 RB and 4 WR, so if you start 2 and 3, you will be rather thin if someone goes down with an injury or during a bye week. Instead of the 3rd QB and 2nd TE, I would have taken a 4th RB and 5th WR...

Other than that, your defensive players look pretty good. Solid LB core for waiting so long to take them. Harris in the 5th and Durant in the 6th? Those are quite the fine steals...

Looking at your roster your draft was ok and weak at rb that being said I feel you lost a pick with S. Green (Jones and Wash ahead of him).

Wr A+ draft I like Ryan and White hook up. Nice job!

Good upside with Maclin. A good pick again

As far as you D goes I think your LB's are a bit weak I think there is better vaule then what you have Cooper is a nice pick he has been getting better the last two years and will be better when Shawn comes back. DE and Db's look to be good too. I think you look to pick up a db that plays alot of the Tampa 2 which they run free.

Draft grade C+ or a B- depends on how well you wr's do. If you can pick up a FA rb that explodes or a sleeper I would bump you up to a B+

Good luck

thanks for the feedback...

As far as the starting requirements go...

1QB

1RB

1RB/WR

1WR

1WR

1WR/TE

1TE

x2 DE

x3 LB

x3 DB

I didnt draft a kicker since we still have a Auction to do to pick up the remaining players that didnt get drafted, and i believe kickers are a dime'a'dozen. the totoal roster will be 38 Players when its completed. The league is a PPR league, and WR's are almost as equal to RB's. I have found that in a Dynasty format..your better off having stud WR's (especially in this league since i could start up to 4 with the flex positions), because they tend to have a longer shelf life. SOme of the great WR's play well beyong 30, while 99% of the RB's drop off at 29 or 30. Also, its easier to identify and replace RB's through the rookie draft, WR's are a lot harder to predict imo.

Looking at your roster your draft was ok and weak at rb that being said I feel you lost a pick with S. Green (Jones and Wash ahead of him).

Wr A+ draft I like Ryan and White hook up. Nice job!

Good upside with Maclin. A good pick again

As far as you D goes I think your LB's are a bit weak I think there is better vaule then what you have Cooper is a nice pick he has been getting better the last two years and will be better when Shawn comes back. DE and Db's look to be good too. I think you look to pick up a db that plays alot of the Tampa 2 which they run free.

Draft grade C+ or a B- depends on how well you wr's do. If you can pick up a FA rb that explodes or a sleeper I would bump you up to a B+

Good luck

possibly one of the more stupid things I have read today. S. Greene should not have lasted til that pick , and will be the starter by next season. (Wash will never start and Jones is gone by next year.

As far as your team it looks OK, pretty young but still a team on the grow. Why would you take Maclin at 1.2 if u already have CJ and White, 2 relatively young WR's, you shoulda taken Wells ( assuming Moreno went 1).

good luck.

possibly one of the more stupid things I have read today. S. Greene should not have lasted til that pick , and will be the starter by next season. (Wash will never start and Jones is gone by next year.

As far as your team it looks OK, pretty young but still a team on the grow. Why would you take Maclin at 1.2 if u already have CJ and White, 2 relatively young WR's, you shoulda taken Wells ( assuming Moreno went 1).

good luck.

Yeah about S. Greene, thats exactly how i felt, and why i went for him. The jets also traded up to get him, so its says alot about the Jets confidence getting him.

As far as a Maclin goes...

1) I had him rated as the best 'fantasy' Wideout in this years draft. Crabtree has skills...but, so did guys like Peter Warrick, David Boston, Mike Williams... you know what all those guys have in common? Best WR in the respective drafts going to non-passing garbage teams. You know whats happened to all three of those WR's?..they were busts. Sure SF is up and coming...but they are still run first, and their QB situation is horrible when you look at it through the fantasy lens. Also, most of the greatest WR's in the game weren't the best overall wr coming out of their respective drafts. For wr's its all about environment...Maclin goes to philadelphia..where they throw first and run second, he has McNabb throwing him the ball, with their Head Coach calling the plays (did i mention he likes to pass?). Desaun Jackson will be better this year, and once Maclin picks up the playbook and adjusts (as all rookie have to do) then i am confident he will turn into a really good fantasy wr.

2)Being deep at WR in this dynasty league (ppr scoring) offers the flexibility and longevity to stay on top. RB's as a whole have a short lifespan, while WR's have a much longer one. Case in point...i just grabbed S. Greene..lol. Finding a stud WR is harder than a Stud RB imo. Look at the top WR's over the past 10 years...you'll see alot of names near the top of that list that are consistently there year in and year out. Now look at RB's...lol...the turnover is tremendous...Keep in mind too that due to flex spots i can start up to 4 WR's...so if i am weak at rb...my rb/wr slot (which idealy is for my rb2) can gives me the flexibility and depth i need to cover injuries, without affecting my teams salary cap with waiver wire transactions, which frees up money for me during the offseason to grab players in a Unrestricted Free Agent Auction. :wacko:

Yeah about S. Greene, thats exactly how i felt, and why i went for him. The jets also traded up to get him, so its says alot about the Jets confidence getting him.

As far as a Maclin goes...

1) I had him rated as the best 'fantasy' Wideout in this years draft. Crabtree has skills...but, so did guys like Peter Warrick, David Boston, Mike Williams... you know what all those guys have in common?

n. :wacko:

If thats the case , then you did yourself a disservice by not trading down and getting him at 5 or 6 and picking up more pick/ players, but at least you got the guy you wanted.