[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks to you guys and this forum...

wiegie

I'm guessing you have a special talent I've had my Egg for about 6-7 years. I changed the gasket for the first time last summer.

i was cooking a rib roast at about 500 degrees. when i opened the lid, i "burped" the Egg a little, but not enough -- i think the fire flared up around the plate setter and ignited the fat in the roasting pan, which was probably too large to begin with. (all this started when my wife said, "hey, should flames be coming out the top of your Egg?") i had to douse the flames with a spray bottle. thankfully, the roast was fine (and actually very tasty), but the roasting pan went into the trash. with a smaller pan, the gasket probably would've been fine -- and the seal is still good enough that i may not even have to replace it.

i was cooking a rib roast at about 500 degrees. when i opened the lid, i "burped" the Egg a little, but not enough -- i think the fire flared up around the plate setter and ignited the fat in the roasting pan, which was probably too large to begin with. (all this started when my wife said, "hey, should flames be coming out the top of your Egg?") i had to douse the flames with a spray bottle. thankfully, the roast was fine (and actually very tasty), but the roasting pan went into the trash. with a smaller pan, the gasket probably would've been fine -- and the seal is still good enough that i may not even have to replace it.

So--I was right. You have a special talent.

• 2 weeks later...