[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is a tough one...............

blackhats

Okay I'm the defending Champ of a 10-team PPR keeper league (Not big on 10's either, but had people bail the past few years) so I'm picking last in a snake draft. I can keep 0, 1, 2, or 3 players but can only keep 2 if they're from the same position (ex. RB RB). For every keeper slot I don't fill I get an extra round pick. For example: Suppose I keep 2 RB's I would have an extra pick in the first round, say I keep 1 player I would get an extra pick in the 1st and second rounds or if I keep a QB, RB, WR I'd get no extra picks. (Little confusing but a very fun and challenging format when you get used to it)

We have a pretty standard scoring league: 6 points for all TD's with incremental bonuses for distance TD's, 1 point for each 10 receiving and rushing yds with 100+ yd. bonuses, 1 point for every 20 passing yds with 300+ yd bonuses, 0.5 points for each reception.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's (though we may change one of these to a flex this year), TE, K, DEF

And finally here are my keeper options

Brees

MJD

S Jax

Fitz

Jennings

Gates

I'm leaing towards Brees, Fitz, and either MJD / SJax (working on some trades) which would leave me no extra picks but give me a solid core to start with. On the other hand it would be nice to have 2 top 5 backs and an extra pick.

Thoughts?????

Play it out ... If you don't go the path of keeping Brees, MJD, and Fitz -- what would you end up with that would be better than that? Can you come out of it with Brady and AJohn to go along with MJD/SJax ... If you keep Brees/MJD/Fitz, who might be available at RB when you do get to pick? :wacko:

Play it out ... If you don't go the path of keeping Brees, MJD, and Fitz -- what would you end up with that would be better than that? Can you come out of it with Brady and AJohn to go along with MJD/SJax ... If you keep Brees/MJD/Fitz, who might be available at RB when you do get to pick? :wacko:

Doubt it, pretty sure AJ will be kept and the player with Brady also has Manning so I'm guessing he's gonna try and trade one of them. By your response am I to think you go with MJD over SJax regardless? If so, what kind of trade value (picks) might I be able to get for Jax?

Brees, MJD, and Fitzy.

As far as trading, can you trade picks? Such as trading S.Jackson to the person with the #1 or #2 pick overall in exchange for a trade of first rounders?

If not, as you can only keep 3, you can't really upgrade much from those 3. Maybe contact the A.Peterson owner with a MJD & S.Jackson offer, as you would be losing one of them anyway. OF course, MJD or Peterson is kind of a toss-up anyway.

Any way you go, you are set up to have a great year... :wacko:

Edited by gandalas

Brees, MJD, and Fitzy.

As far as trading, can you trade picks? Such as trading S.Jackson to the person with the #1 or #2 pick overall in exchange for a trade of first rounders?

If not, as you can only keep 3, you can't really upgrade much from those 3. Maybe contact the A.Peterson owner with a MJD & S.Jackson offer, as you would be losing one of them anyway. OF course, MJD or Peterson is kind of a toss-up anyway.

Any way you go, you are set up to have a great year... :wacko:

Trading is pretty much unlimited before the draft and once it starts but the keeper rules are the same no matter what trades happen. Everyone seems to be confirming what my gut instinct is which is good. That said, I need to think about the value I can get for Sjax, I doubt I'll be able to get a 1st rounder cos most people will know I won't be keeping him, and there's only a couple of people with real weak teams and of course they're picking early and may hold out that he'll drop to them. I'm thinking of targeting one of the teams that may keep only 1 or 2 players and trying to get a 3rd rounder.

While I would prefer to keep MJD over SJax, and also agree with the Brees/Fits/RB keeper route, I would solicit offers on both MJD and SJax to gauge what sort of value owners are willing to offer. Assuming you get a couple worth pondering, play them off of each other to try get an owner to up their bid. Also, don't forget to solicit offers on Jennings and Gates. Anything you get for them is gravy.

So I threw out a couple of offers to some struggling teams, let me know if it seems reasonable to you guys:

SJax for 1st round pick trade (i.e. my 10 for their 5 or 6 depending on team) and a 3rd round pick for my 9th.