[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Westbrook Update

i_am_the_swammi

Didn't see this posted, and frankly didn't check for a link, but it was reported on various sports networks here in the Philly area, so here goes:

Westbrook is officially out of the walking boot he had been in for the last few weeks, and was on the field yesterday doing conditioning drills and running sprints. He worked out for about 45 minutes, and the ankle held up very well. Eagles stated they expect him to be practicing in full pads by mid-August, and should get some reps in game 3 of the preseason.

Notable only because, at the time of his ankle surgery in May, there were conflicting reports over whether he would be ready for the start of the regular season. It appears that, barring a setback of any kind, he certainly will.

I read this yesterday as well. I already had Westy ranked 8th on my RB list for PPR prior to this news and I'm not sure that I'll bump him much higher regardless. I'm thrilled to hear that he's back in action to any degree and that things are looking up.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated 8/18 per KFFL and confirmed locally:

Eagles | Westbrook practices Monday

Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:21:00 -0700

Jeff McLane, of The Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (ankle) practiced in full Monday, Aug. 17.

First full practice of the preseason, and a full 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Should be more than ready come 9/13l barring a setback

If true, this is good news and I think it should bump up Westbrook to a mid-first round pick in PPR leagues. He's probably got another good year left in him and then who knows...

I was able to get him at 2.05 in a 16 team PPR BOTH league last night!! Needless to say, I was ecstatic!! :D:D:wacko:

I was able to get him at 2.05 in a 16 team PPR BOTH league last night!! Needless to say, I was ecstatic!! :D:D:D

Had Turner not been sitting there for me at 1.09, I'd have taken Westy there....I can't believe he fell another 12 picks :wacko: ....I was thinking I might have a shot at him on the way back!