[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hester

dmarc117

I SOOOO agree. The Eagles would be STUPID to return DJack to special teams only. Same would be true of Denver and Eddie Royal.

While that is certainly true, you could also optimize those guys by playing them in the slot (which protects them from being on the field every play as well as STs) - which also has the added benefit of creating some horrific mismatches for the D, since either a team will have to go nickel, invert the CB and S, or expect a S/LB to cover the guy.

Edited by Bronco Billy

In the Bears first preseason game, Hester was targeted 6 out of 10 passes thrown by Cutler. That is an insane average.

Hester will get respect off the line and get a large cushion due to his speed. That opens him up for quick slants and getting him the ball in space so he can use his speed.

Add that in with a very dangerous Olson, Bennett who is being WAY overvalued by people just because he played one year with Cutler, and Forte and all of a sudden Hester looks to be a very capable wr3 with #2 upside. His hands have improved, and his rate of improvement at the end of last year is very encouraging.

PS_ I think the guy you are talking about is Brandon Rideau. Big guy with good hands that could make some noise this year . . .

Yup, that's it (Rideau). I think this guy could be the sleeper WR for the Bears. I know Cutler loves him and from all reports, he has impressed so far. Cutler will find someone (other than Olsen) to rely on.