[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 Team League, Pick #4 - Too Early for WR?

lsu_ballyhoo

Here's my logic. I'm thinking of going WR with this pick. It's 1/2 PPR league and you start 3 WR's. I know some guys behind me will gobble up receivers and QB's behind me. I expect 9 RB's, 7 WR's, and 3 QB's picked by the time it comes back around to me. I really think I can get almost as much value with the 10th RB as the 4th RB with a little luck and good choices. But I know that I can't get as good of value with the 8th WR as I can with the 1st.

Do you all agree? so...

Now the big question...Which one?

Fitz (My Lean Right Now)

A Johnson

Moss

If I go this route of picking a WR at #4...I need to pick the right one.

If I go this route of picking a WR at #4...I need to pick the right one.

This is actually one of the key reasons I am advocating not going WR early this year. As I have said in many other threads, I am much more confident in an RB like Turner/Forte/MJD/LT/SJax outperforming the kinds of RBs I;d be looking at in the 2nd and 3rd rounds then I am in guessing not just which WR I would take in the first would be the top one, but also that it is likely that one or more of the WRs available in the 2nd/3rd will outperform these guys. I can not say with any certainty that the Fitz/Moss/AJ of the NFL will outperform Wayne/Jennings/Boldin.

So, if you are dead set on going WR this early, then at this point I am leaning Moss. If you are open to taking a step back and looking at the whole picture, then I would advocate taking your highest ranked RB and then looking WR in the 2nd

Scoring of each strategy by draft position

rb-rb-wr-wr 259

rb-wr-rb-wr 268

rb-wr-wr-rb 406

wr-rb-rb-wr 294

wr-wr-rb-rb 429

wr-rb-wr-rb 433

This is a typical fantasy league scoring system (4 points passing td, 6 points rushing td, 1 point per 20 yds passing, 1 point per 10 yds rushing or receiving and no points gained or lost for interceptions,turnovers or receptions.

Scoring of each strategy by draft position

rb-rb-wr-wr 259

rb-wr-rb-wr 268

rb-wr-wr-rb 406

wr-rb-rb-wr 294

wr-wr-rb-rb 429

wr-rb-wr-rb 433

This is a typical fantasy league scoring system (4 points passing td, 6 points rushing td, 1 point per 20 yds passing, 1 point per 10 yds rushing or receiving and no points gained or lost for interceptions,turnovers or receptions.

I can't see taking any WR at #4, They would not out produce a top 10 rb. I would go rb,wr,wr.

much better balance that way.

I'd still go RB at #4, even with the league rules you have. I think you can still get a very good receiver at #21, say, one of Fitz/Moss/A Johnson/C Johnson/R White/Wayne/S Smith. If you can pair one of those WR's with one of Peterson/MJD/Forte/Turner, you will have a great start to your draft.