[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12th pick in a 12 team PPR league

aroman70

I have the 12th pick in a 12 team PPR league.

I'd like to know if anyone has already had their draft with these same settings, and if so what was your back to back picks ( 12th and 13th overall)

I am considering going WR + WR.

Is this wrong thing to do.

Other than Brees being available at that point, I was leaning toward maybe one of the Johnson's and/or Randy Moss.

Any thoughts?

1 RB

1 RB/WR

2 WR

Its weird, but thats the way they set it up.

In that case you might get away with WR-WR. Depending on who was there I'd either go WR-WR or RB-WR. No way in hell I grab a QB at that spot. Best availabe QB is probably Brees and 11 or 12 is way too early for him.

Thank guys.

Would be nice to have both Andre and Calvin Johnson. With BTB picks, that would be ideal.

I will be eyeballing Moss, too.

If I had my choice I'd go Moss and Fitzgerald. That would be a pretty sick WR combo.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

WR/WR without a doubt.

Not knowing how the drafters in front of him have gone, this is some pretty bad advice. :wacko:

AS with any draft question, it depends.

If for some reason 4-6 WRs have bee ntaken in front of you, would you not grab a top 5-6 RB.. maybe even 2, over the 7th best WR? Or at least go RB/WR.

The eas answers are this.... assuming you only start 1 QB and don;t have some strange set of scoring rules where the top QBs score 500+ points while the QBs in the 6-10 rage put up 300 points and the othe positions only score in the 100s, it is too early for a QB. Same goes for TE, and of course K or D.

That leaves us debating RB or WR. You are only required to start one RB and 2 Wrs, and then a flex, so this devalues RBs a bit, however makes the 2nd one as a flex a bit more valauable. I would venture a guess that the flex across the league would be slightly skewed towards RBs as you are looking at the 12-20 RBs vs. the 25-36 WRs for the flex, and generally speaking an RB in that range is going to outscore his WR counterpart.

So, if the first 11 picks are RB heavy, then going WR/WR is not out of the question. If the first 11 picks have quite a few WRs in there, then consider RB/WR or even RB/RB if it was very WR heavy.

And what happens when one makes assumes?

You make an ass out of you and me

:wacko:

I just get tired of writing up what you did time and time again. Guess I'll make up a few longer posts, store them and copy and paste as needed. Yep...thats what I'm gonna do by george.

WR/WR without a doubt.

just had my 1.12 selection in my money league - standard PPR scoring, and lo and behold I couldn't be happier with who fell to me -

fully expecting to go WR/WR among Moss/Fitz/CJohnson two little angels fell into my lap by the names of

Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton :wacko:

I think WR Wr is pretty good advice this year, If you van get stud WRs, the tier of RBs remain pretty flat after the first five or so. check out my post. we have a QB heavy so I had to get a stud QB early, then I went for stud WR. with so much RBBC the comparable talent at RB will be there for several rounds.

I was just in a 12 man draft last night and the last position guy went WR-WR. He ended up with L Fitzgerald and R Moss. In the 3rd he nabbed, Ronnie Brown and J Addai in the 4th. Right around there in ours is where S Slanton went so as previous posters mentioned, if there is a good RB there, possibly go RB/WR.

I should mention that I wouldn't position myself as a overly knowledgeable FFLer....mostly here to convey that 2 top receivers were available in my draft at the 12 spot. "Others" drafted prior to the 12th pick. All RBs except for Drew Brees (3), Tom Brady (8). The picks near #12 were S Jackson, F Gore, Slaton, R Grant, D Williams, M Barber. Hope this helps....good luck in your draft.

Not in same kind of league but in 10 team non ppr and i drafted in 10 and 11th spot. I went WR-WR and got Fitz and C. Johnson. In your case if you can get 2 of those 4 wrs(Moss, Fitz, and the 2 Johnsons) I would do it in a heartbeat and look for upside RB's later, like L. Washington, R. Rice etc.

i was just in a 10 team ppr league. i drafted out of the 4 hole. i got mjd in the 1st then went andre johnson, then calvin johnson. from there i took guys with potential high reward years. guys like anthony gonzo, ray rice, matt ryan, d. ward, c. benson, and felix jones. i like my chances.