[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SWD

BigMikeinNY

I cannot make this up.....

I drop my daughter off at her daycare/preschool @ 7am and hit the road for school. On a 55mph pretty busy street, a man drove by me shaving while driving!! He had one hand on the wheel and had one hand shaving his face with an electric shaver!!!!

Please tell me this isn't common. :wacko:

All the technology and things that people do today while driving is really starting to scare me :D

Edited by BigMikeinNY

Holy crap dude, that is the least of the things I've seen people do when they should be driving. Talking on the phone, texting, shaving, eating breakfast (a bowl of cereal, both hands, I presume using knees to drive), reading (the newspaper, books, you name it), lifting weights (yup doing curls), putting on makeup (you can tell a woman who does this because her rearview mirror is pointed up and down rather than side to side), and only the most important people get to do this, working on a laptop.

Holy crap dude, that is the least of the things I've seen people do when they should be driving. Talking on the phone, texting, shaving, eating breakfast (a bowl of cereal, both hands, I presume using knees to drive), reading (the newspaper, books, you name it), lifting weights (yup doing curls), putting on makeup (you can tell a woman who does this because her rearview mirror is pointed up and down rather than side to side), and only the most important people get to do this, working on a laptop.

Lifting weights? You hafta be kidding.

Lifting weights? You hafta be kidding.

Oh no, not kidding at all. I've seen each and every one of those acts, most multiple times. Operating a motor vehicle is such an inconvenience to the people around here that they just sort of "check out" while doing it. For instance, my buddy got rear ended on I 66 outside of DC a couple of months ago and the guy had the balls to finish eating his breakfast while filling out the accident report. Obviously, the police don't really seem to care much either because they weren't making any money off the incident.