[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crabtree

Outshined

That was incredibly spot on.

I have to say that i'm doing my best to see Crabtree's side in this, but i just can't do it. He has to be either retarded or the most stubborn person on earth.

I read he scored a 15 on the Wonderlic. Doesn't mean he's retarded....but not smart by any means.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the football post-

Are the sharks circling Crabtree?

by Jack Bechta

SEPTEMBER 23, 02009

Print This

Any time a blue-chip player like Michael Crabtree commits to an agent, you’ll find several other agents who will say, “I almost had him. I was his second choice.”

It now appears that at least one other agent group is circling in the water like sharks smelling blood, hoping Crabtree will change his mind about his agent, Eugene Parker, however unlikely that may be.

APA lot has happened since the 2009 NFL Draft.

A reliable source in the agent community has told me that that at least one other agent has reached out to Crabtree to see if he can “offer any assistance” to end the stalemate with the 49ers.

Any time a player is having tough time with a negotiation, you can almost count on other agents reaching out to him, wanting to play the role of white knight. The agents assume very little risk in making this move because the player doesn’t want to report him to his current agent or the NFL Players Association. The player simply doesn’t want to go through the hassle of being part of an intense grievance process and being looked upon by his peers and teammates -- some of whom may be working with the soliciting agent -- as a snitch.

During the recruiting process, a losing agent may have built a great relationship with the player, his family or even his best friend. I can virtually guarantee you that some calls and texts have been fired in the direction of Crabtree and his people by these agents.

I’ve heard that there’s a great deal of depth and strength in the relationship between Parker and Crabtree. But I also know that as time lapses and the stakes mount, their relationship will be tested. Eugene will and has become an easy target for other agents because of this particular impasse. Regardless of the strategy, philosophy and motivations of the Crabtree-Parker camp, agents will spin this holdout on the recruiting trail as an ill-advised move orchestrated solely by Parker.

From a public relations standpoint, Crabtree -- if he listens to the whispers and opts to make a change -- can fire Parker and use him as a scapegoat, placing the entirety of the blame for the stalemate on the agent. But Eugene is no fool; he knows this is a possibility, which leads me to believe the holdout might be driven by the player.

I don’t know Parker personally, but I know of his reputation, his history and his philosophy. He’s known as a tough but fair negotiator and an architect. He’s all about the art of the deal. He doesn’t play concierge like other high-profile agents. He’s not seeking fame. He simply focuses his attention on putting together superior deals without worrying about other agents, the media or next year’s recruiting class. He’s a seasoned and cerebral pro who’s made millions of dollars for himself and his clients.

He’s also a cool character, so if the sharks indeed are circling, he’ll remain calm and stick to his plan.

Crabtree is young and stupid. His has surrounded himself with stupidity. Like many black athletes they don't have the support structure to make good decisions. He has no where to go but down. No one is promised their next day so you take what you can when it is offered. I get the feeling this is going to end traggicaly for him and his family. A lot can happen to you in a year.

Next year he will sign for Half what he is offered now and if he signs today will have very little impact and be under more scrutiny then ever. He is just making a big mistake and it saddens me to see. Windows don't stay open for long. He is to young and niave about the world right now.

He should have signed the deal, went to camp, played hard and work on his next contract. With good financial managment he is set for life.

dumb kid seeing $ signs and is going to end badly. He has created less of a market for himself with being selfish and now teams will be even more hesitant to get a guy that is not willing to bet on himself.

Can you say BlackBall........no pun intended.

Crabtree is young and stupid. His has surrounded himself with stupidity. Like many black athletes they don't have the support structure to make good decisions. He has no where to go but down. No one is promised their next day so you take what you can when it is offered. I get the feeling this is going to end traggicaly for him and his family. A lot can happen to you in a year.

Next year he will sign for Half what he is offered now and if he signs today will have very little impact and be under more scrutiny then ever. He is just making a big mistake and it saddens me to see. Windows don't stay open for long. He is to young and niave about the world right now.

He should have signed the deal, went to camp, played hard and work on his next contract. With good financial managment he is set for life.

dumb kid seeing $ signs and is going to end badly. He has created less of a market for himself with being selfish and now teams will be even more hesitant to get a guy that is not willing to bet on himself.

talk about judgment and bias :wacko:

maybe he wants money. is it hard to understand some people like to have a lot of money?

maybe he wants to be on a better team. is it hard to understand (put the judgment aside for now) being on a crap team sucks? that said i don't think 49ers are as bad a team as he might think.

talk about judgment and bias :wacko:

maybe he wants money. is it hard to understand some people like to have a lot of money?

maybe he wants to be on a better team. is it hard to understand (put the judgment aside for now) being on a crap team sucks? that said i don't think 49ers are as bad a team as he might think.

Where the Bias, most everything i said is FACT in this league. Black payers end up broke a far high % then their white counterparts partly because many don't have friends in Markets or friends that have strong business since and worse yet we don't support eachother as we should rather use eachother up and claim got that fool proudly. Secondly, the draft is about making not so good teams better if every kid did this they would always suck. The niners are a much better team I agree then he thinks and he could make it better but what he is showing is that he is more about money then football which turns GOOD teams off. Because GOOD teams have players that love the game and yes love thieir money too but are willing to work to get theirs. He wants more then market for what is is worth AND is showing he doesn't believe that 15 millions dollars is enough to live the rest of your life on very comfortablley if managed properly. He is also telling me he doesn't have the confidence that he will be worth the money and will earn more by proving it on the field (betting on himself). He also has a stupid agent that isn't telling him this. I am saying he is setting himself up for failure rather then success. It's not every day someone is willing to give you 20 million dolllars and you haven't proved you can do a darn thing but sit on your but in this league. Hope it doesn't but you don't see this kind of thing much for a reason expecially by a rookie selected 10th overall.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Where the Bias, most everything i said is FACT in this league. Black payers end up broke a far high % then their white counterparts partly because many don't have friends in Markets or friends that have strong business since and worse yet we don't support eachother as we should rather use eachother up and claim got that fool proudly. Secondly, the draft is about making not so good teams better if every kid did this they would always suck. The niners are a much better team I agree then he thinks and he could make it better but what he is showing is that he is more about money then football which turns GOOD teams off. Because GOOD teams have players that love the game and yes love thieir money too but are willing to work to get theirs. He wants more then market for what is is worth AND is showing he doesn't believe that 15 millions dollars is enough to live the rest of your life on very comfortablley if managed properly. He is also telling me he doesn't have the confidence that he will be worth the money and will earn more by proving it on the field (betting on himself). He also has a stupid agent that isn't telling him this. I am saying he is setting himself up for failure rather then success. It's not every day someone is willing to give you 20 million dolllars and you haven't proved you can do a darn thing but sit on your but in this league. Hope it doesn't but you don't see this kind of thing much for a reason expecially by a rookie selected 10th overall.

your post is way too hard to read so i probably missed what your point is.

i really dont get where you are coming up with a lot of this stuff.

"most everything" means theres some that is not fact! hehe.

anyways i'm not here to argue what is going on with stupid black people or whatever you are trying to say, but i agree he is making a mistake but he should still do what he wants to do.

You know, it sounds overly dramatic, but the future of the draft process in sports could be affected by all this. The systems are set up to make the weak teams stronger. That means as a great player, you are destined to go to a bad team. That used to mean you set about the task of making them better.

Now, the players coming out aren't thinking that way, they're thinking about "how am I going to put up the numbers I need for my next huge contract if the team that drafts me sucks?" Crabtree HAS to fail here or it could mean BIG problems for all pro sports. :wacko:

Isn't that kind of what he is doing? :wacko:

yeah, I'm not sure what Furd meant. If Crabtree had done this months ago, his rights could've been traded to a team he might like more and get paid.

Well, from everything I have seen, he wants more money. If he did not want to play for the Niners because they were the Niners, he should have let them know. Not because he owed it to the Niners, but because it was in his best interest. Maybe that's what LordOpie meant?????

All silent between Crabtree, Niners

Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2009 5:09 PM ET

The fact that 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree is unsigned with the month of September nearly over is newsworthy even without any specific developments.

And, so, allow us to report that there are no specific developments.

More specifically, a league source tells us that two weeks have passed with zero communication between the team and agent Eugene Parker.

There's also a rumor in league circles that Parker is now telling people that there's a team willing to pay Crabtree $40 million over four years, which would match the contract Parker negotiated in early 2008 for Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

So maybe the Niners will be filing a second tampering charge at some point.

Link

Now who would pay a receiver Larry Fitzgerald money when he is unproven? Thats just idiotic and stupid.

This is going to get interesting in the next few weeks. What is the cutoff date that he has to be signed or he can't play for the rest of the year? Is it week 8?

Edited by Outshined

lol I guess no one should draft black guys? :wacko:

i think he is black himself, :p

You are correct, and it disturbs me that Crabtree is getting such poor advice. The kid obviously is listening to the wrong people who are telling him to present a poor attidute and one that undermines his NFL career from the beginning and hurts his chances of being viewed as a man that will help your team. Now if he were a veteran and had proved something on the field then hey take care of business but he has doen nothing and if he wants Hayward-Bay type money then his cause is also hurt because Hawyard-Bay looks lost and is doing nothing for the Raiders. So in this world of show me the money and I will show you the game seems a bit off right now because if I am an NFL GM I look at Bay's contract and see what he is doing then wonder if this kid Crabtree is any better. He and his agent or whomever he is listening to, is not paying attention to the climate his client is in and is showing me this one thng, the kid doesn't believe he can produce for the 49ner's and earn a more lucrative contract, therefore if he doesn't believe he can bet on himself why should I bet on him.

No I am not saying they should not draft black guys, I am saying that I am seeing more black athletes hurting themselves when in comes to contract talks and managing their own finances then I would like to see and this is another example of one doing that very thing and I would like more support for our black athletes so that they can succeed and not be set up for failure.

He has to look around and see that he is the only pick in the entire draft that is not under contract and able to learn the NFL game. Over a few million dollars, that he will never see again if he continues down this road. I am saying the man is pissing away millions for what?

I hope I am dead wrong and he knows more then I do about what he is doing along with his agent and I end up all wet, but I just don't see it working out for him that way...............

You are correct, and it disturbs me that Crabtree is getting such poor advice. The kid obviously is listening to the wrong people who are telling him to present a poor attidute and one that undermines his NFL career from the beginning and hurts his chances of being viewed as a man that will help your team. Now if he were a veteran and had proved something on the field then hey take care of business but he has doen nothing and if he wants Hayward-Bay type money then his cause is also hurt because Hawyard-Bay looks lost and is doing nothing for the Raiders. So in this world of show me the money and I will show you the game seems a bit off right now because if I am an NFL GM I look at Bay's contract and see what he is doing then wonder if this kid Crabtree is any better. He and his agent or whomever he is listening to, is not paying attention to the climate his client is in and is showing me this one thng, the kid doesn't believe he can produce for the 49ner's and earn a more lucrative contract, therefore if he doesn't believe he can bet on himself why should I bet on him.

No I am not saying they should not draft black guys, I am saying that I am seeing more black athletes hurting themselves when in comes to contract talks and managing their own finances then I would like to see and this is another example of one doing that very thing and I would like more support for our black athletes so that they can succeed and not be set up for failure.

He has to look around and see that he is the only pick in the entire draft that is not under contract and able to learn the NFL game. Over a few million dollars, that he will never see again if he continues down this road. I am saying the man is pissing away millions for what?

I hope I am dead wrong and he knows more then I do about what he is doing along with his agent and I end up all wet, but I just don't see it working out for him that way...............

Very well put ,,, :wacko:

Keep in mind that the word is Crabtree has already signed shoe deals etc, so it's not as if he's hurting for money. If he doesn't want to play for the 49ers, then to hell with it. Hopefully, we can use that money next year on free agents. (The 49ers also have Carolina's #1!!)

- Money doesn't grow on Crabtrees. -

Keep in mind that the word is Crabtree has already signed shoe deals etc, so it's not as if he's hurting for money. If he doesn't want to play for the 49ers, then to hell with it. Hopefully, we can use that money next year on free agents. (The 49ers also have Carolina's #1!!)

- Money doesn't grow on Crabtrees. -

If that's the case, those shoe deals are surely contingent on him playing in the NFL. I can't believe he'd see a cent before he signs.

You know, it sounds overly dramatic, but the future of the draft process in sports could be affected by all this. The systems are set up to make the weak teams stronger. That means as a great player, you are destined to go to a bad team. That used to mean you set about the task of making them better.

Now, the players coming out aren't thinking that way, they're thinking about "how am I going to put up the numbers I need for my next huge contract if the team that drafts me sucks?" Crabtree HAS to fail here or it could mean BIG problems for all pro sports. :wacko:

The draft is already a complete failure and this will have little effect on making it any worse. There is no data that supports the fact that players taken in the first half of the 1st round end up being any better than those taken at the back half, yet teams have to pay so much more for them.

So, basically, if you suck, you're forced into a perpetual cycle of having to spend the lion's share of your cap on unproven rookies while perennial contenders who are always at the back half can save their $$ for resigning their best players or poaching proven FAs.

Certainly the draft has landed some serious blue chips with bad teams and that really helped turn them around. However, at least as often, it's because some 3rd rounder (or worse) ended up turning into the cornerstone for their franchise.

The draft is a failure because, unlike the NBA, there's not a realistic rookie salary structure that makes high picks worth the monetary risk. Right now, they're absolutely not.

So, basically, if you suck, you're forced into a perpetual cycle of having to spend the lion's share of your cap on unproven rookies while perennial contenders who are always at the back half can save their $$ for resigning their best players or poaching proven FAs.

Is that an intended pun? :wacko:

I should add that, frankly, I'm not even certain that I even like the notion of the draft anyway and may not mind if they blew it up all together. As it is, it's a rather un-American manner of doing things. However, from a big picture stand point, I can understand why it's in the league's best interest to promote parity. However, if that's the intention, I do think it is failing.