[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston

splotchman

Colston is a WR1.... he may be toward the bottom of that category, but a WR1 none the less. He is as safe as any of the WR's in my opinion. Should you expect 20 pts per week, NO, but you are talking about the best WR on a team with the best fantasy QB. Guys like Moore, Henderson, Meachem are solid NFL players and Brees knows how to read a defense and spreads it around so he isn't gonna force it..... the bottom line for me is there are weeks where it doesn't go as planned. I would be more concerned if I was an AJ owner today than a Colston owner..... Lord knows you paid more for him or drafted him much higher than Colston and not only did he NOT produce, the Texans looked terrible. No need for a knee jerk reaction.... it is only one week, but if 30 yds and a TD is something to get concerned about, then I would say you don't have much to worry about.

Why don't you come back with an argument that actually makes sense based on the thread. Do you have anything to add to the discussion at this point?

............thought so.

:wacko: Okay, I selected 5 top tier WR's randomly and looked at their scoring in PPR leagues over the last two years.

- Fitzgerald has been held to single digits in 3% of his games

- Boldin has been held to single digits in 14% of his games

- Reggie Wayne has been held to single digits in 16% of his games

- Steve Smith has been held to single digits in 17% of his games

- In 2007 and 2008, Colston put up single digits 29% of the time

Colston was a borderline top 10 WR in 2006 and 2007 and a borderline top 20 WR last year. I got to believe that 10ish is his ceiling, he plays with a QB who throws the ball all over the field; it's apparent he has a rather significant tendency to put up turdy games more often than his WR#1 counterparts (i.e....lack of consistency).

Edited by bushwacked

:wacko: Okay, I selected 5 top tier WR's randomly and looked at their scoring in PPR leagues over the last two years.

- Fitzgerald has been held to single digits in 3% of his games

- Boldin has been held to single digits in 14% of his games

- Reggie Wayne has been held to single digits in 16% of his games

- Steve Smith has been held to single digits in 17% of his games

- In 2007 and 2008, Colston put up single digits 29% of the time

Colston was a borderline top 10 WR in 2006 and 2007 and a borderline top 20 WR last year. I got to believe that 10ish is his ceiling, he plays with a QB who throws the ball all over the field; it's apparent he has a rather significant tendency to put up turdy games more often than his WR#1 counterparts (i.e....lack of consistency).

That's a nice convenient figure to try to make a point you already lost. If you include his injury I'm sure your numbers are correct. My numbers are solid and after doing that research I'm more confident in Colston than before.

You were referring to PPR so I looked at one of my PPR leagues.

13.91 is Colston's Avg score.

Randy Moss had an avg score of 14.75.

Neither were in the top ten.

Yeah, I'm surprised this didn't get brought up earlier in the discussion. We also get bonus points based on the td distance.

• 1 year later...