[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Play Dates" Your children and their Friends

whomper

Home or away Play dates  

14 members have voted

1. 1. When your kids play with other kids

• It is almost always at your house
    • It is almost always at the other kids house
    • Home and away are pretty balanced
    • It is at Puddy's house

When your little ones are playing with kids and it is going to be at someones house is it usually your house or the other kids house or is the home and away fairly balanced ?

Elise has 3 non-neighborhood kids she has play dates with (4 y/o)

1 of her friends it is equal split and we live about 20 minutes apart.

2 of her friends it is almost strictly at our house, 1 is very close and other about 30 minutes away. I prefer they play here, but it is always nice to have some "fun time" in the early weekend hours without worrying about the door being busted down :wacko:

Depends on the other kids parents. One of my daughters has a friend who's parents are big smokers and who are also prone to leaving the kids in the care of their teenage son. I'm just not comfortable with either of those, so the majority of the time they play at our house.

Mixed, but generally, as my wife is part of a Mom's club, the play dates involve several of the mom's getting together and the kid's playing, and the house/location rotates.

For the closer of our friends with kids, like rajn, it depends on the parents, but fortunately most of them are people I would trust my children with. One lives about 10 minutes away, and we regularly watch their girls and they'll watch our boys and have playdates and "naptime" sleepovers, etc. The other family is about 25 minutes away, and it's basically the same, though our boys have done 1 or 2 overnight sleepovers. We also regularly dog sit for each other, which really comes in handy.