[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do I dare sit Chris Johnson this week?

bmerker

However, in this situation, I sit CJ. The Jets have about the best defense in the league. Cleveland has given up the most rushing touchdowns so far this year and SD just lost their nose tackle for the rest of the year. In my opinion, if you were going to sit CJ for any game this year, it would be this one.

I wouldn't sit him. He's important in the short passing game which is where you can find some success against the Jets. Let's see, how long was his "short" pass TD last week? 60something yards??

Agreed. He might only have 40 yards rushing and no rushing TD's but could end up with 70 yards receiving and 2 receiving TD's.

In my humble opinion, this is almost as good of a setup for CJ than it was last week.

I've been given some great advice in my time. My Dad told me to never, ever, say "can't" or "won't." My wife taught me that the answer to every question is "Honey, you look amazing!" My daughter taught me to be responsible.

What have I learned from The Huddle after over 10 years on the boards?

NEVER, EVER, SIT YOUR STUDS!!!!

I agree with the wolf. I know the matchup seems bad, but WHO are the Titans star receivers? Exactly. The Jets will not score alot of points and their DST will not allow much points, but I am sure that whatever the give up in yards will be mostly in catches made by CJ and if they give up TD's CJ is the most likely benefactor. Ray Rice's match-up is nice, but his TD's are likely to be vultured. Ronnie Brown is set to succeed again this week. Never Sit your studs, and CJ is a stud while Rice has not earned that status and Brown is closer to studship than Rice so....there you go - Johnson and Brown

I agree with the wolf. I know the matchup seems bad, but WHO are the Titans star receivers? Exactly. The Jets will not score alot of points and their DST will not allow much points, but I am sure that whatever the give up in yards will be mostly in catches made by CJ and if they give up TD's CJ is the most likely benefactor. Ray Rice's match-up is nice, but his TD's are likely to be vultured. Ronnie Brown is set to succeed again this week. Never Sit your studs, and CJ is a stud while Rice has not earned that status and Brown is closer to studship than Rice so....there you go - Johnson and Brown

you guys rock! great advice!

If you have read here for any length of time, you would know to never sit your studs. You play CJ every week, even if they are playing the Bears 1985 Defense. People try to get too cute going with this is a better matchup against this defense kind of crap and most (not always) of the time, you lose doing this.

With that being said, start CJ and I like Rice against Cleveland. Peterson had much better numbers against Cleveland than he did Detroit. So, I see playing the Browns as a good matchup for any RB. You can't go wrong playing Brown or Rice. So, just pick one and don't fret over the pick. They will probably have about the same numbers come Sunday.

Edited by Terminator