[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indianapolis Colts

Shorttynaz

While I am a homer, I feel that they're quietly making a statement. I mean with a very suspect run defense and some injuries on defense, I think they're getting overlooked.

While I did expect them to win today against Seattle, I dind't expect them to run away with it. The score really didn't reflect the type of game it was. It was a pretty one sided game where Seattle got 2 garbage time TD's (yes, it's still 14 points - but they both came within the last 2 minutes of the game - one coming after recovering an onside kick).

As odd as it sounds, I think the injury to Gonzo has actually made the Colts better. It's given Garcon a chance to shine and show off his raw but talented skills. Collie is starting to make a statement as well. This only helps keep the safeties from blanketing the side of the field where Wayne lines up.

I am surprised by the new D coordinator, Larry Coyer, bringing more blitzes than Meeks ever did. While they still need to continue to spend a LOT of time working on defending the run - they did a pretty good job of it today against J Jones who I was expecting a bigger game from.

I just hope that with how poor the Jags and Titans appear to be (at least through the first 4 games) the Colts can stay focused while not overlooking the Texans - but continue to get the running game back to where it was a few years ago when they took all the marbles.

Edited by Shorttynaz

It's a good thing to see, and if they can keep the defense relatively healthy, they can make a run. The blueprint to beat them is there.

It is - and Miami had almost accomplished it but still fell short.

Edited by Shorttynaz

While I am a homer, I feel that they're quietly making a statement. I mean with a very suspect run defense and some injuries on defense, I think they're getting overlooked.

While I did expect them to win today against Seattle, I dind't expect them to run away with it. The score really didn't reflect the type of game it was. It was a pretty one sided game where Seattle got 2 garbage time TD's (yes, it's still 14 points - but they both came within the last 2 minutes of the game - one coming after recovering an onside kick).

As odd as it sounds, I think the injury to Gonzo has actually made the Colts better. It's given Garcon a chance to shine and show off his raw but talented skills. Collie is starting to make a statement as well. This only helps keep the safeties from blanketing the side of the field where Wayne lines up.

I am surprised by the new D coordinator, Larry Coyer, bringing more blitzes than Meeks ever did. While they still need to continue to spend a LOT of time working on defending the run - they did a pretty good job of it today against J Jones who I was expecting a bigger game from.

I just hope that with how poor the Jags and Titans appear to be (at least through the first 4 games) the Colts can stay focused while not overlooking the Texans - but continue to get the running game back to where it was a few years ago when they took all the marbles.

There is no team playing better than the Colts right now.

There is no QB playing better than Peyton right now.

The Colts are rolling and I don't know what team could stop them. Maybe a team like the Jets, who plays great defense would have a shot. I don't believe the Saints could score with them. The Patriots aren't even close to being in the Colts league this year (at least so far). San Diego seems to know how to play the Colts.

Really, right now the Colts and the Bolts are the best two teams in the AFC.

There is no team playing better than the Colts right now.

There is no QB playing better than Peyton right now.

The Colts are rolling and I don't know what team could stop them. Maybe a team like the Jets, who plays great defense would have a shot. I don't believe the Saints could score with them. The Patriots aren't even close to being in the Colts league this year (at least so far). San Diego seems to know how to play the Colts.

Really, right now the Colts and the Bolts are the best two teams in the AFC.

Man, this looks really :wacko: to me... Saints can't score with them? San Diego one of the two best AFC teams? Nonetheless, I'll bite...

The Patriots just beat the Ravens and Falcons in back to back weeks, each of whom was undefeated to that point. I think you are drinking the Colts' koolaid a bit too much if you think they are way out of NE's league. I mean, the Colts have looked excellent against the Cardinals and Seahawks in consecutive weeks. Neither of those teams is that good. Prior to that, they barely beat Miami (and couldn't really stop Miami's offense) and they got taken to the wire at home vs. the Jaguars... I agree that Peyton looks really good right now, but to say they are the best team in the AFC right now is a bit much. And I guess if you think the Bolts are the only other contender for best team in the AFC that you really only pay attention to offense then. Both teams have excellent offenses. But neither team seems to have what it takes on defense for me to be sold.,, San Diego couldn't beat either Baltimore or Pittsburgh, and I highly suspect the Colts won't beat Baltimore when they play in November. Heck, I think San Fran will potentially beat them in a few weeks.