[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints offense

i_am_the_swammi

Saints open the season with two convincing wins, with Brees throwing for 9 TDs, and everyone annointing them the best offense of the 2009 campaign.

2 games later, Brees is still stuck on 9 TDs, their OL is nicked and dinged, and the defense has carried them to victories over the Bills and Jets.

So which is it? Are they the 2004 Colts, the 2009 Rams, or something in the middle? Fantasy owners who were counting on 2-3 TDs from Brees this past week against an injured Jets secondary have to be pulling their hair out.

Saints open the season with two convincing wins, with Brees throwing for 9 TDs, and everyone annointing them the best offense of the 2009 campaign.

2 games later, Brees is still stuck on 9 TDs, their OL is nicked and dinged, and the defense has carried them to victories over the Bills and Jets.

So which is it? Are they the 2004 Colts, the 2009 Rams, or something in the middle? Fantasy owners who were counting on 2-3 TDs from Brees this past week against an injured Jets secondary have to be pulling their hair out.

Good care less what Brees does fantasy wise as long as they keep putting up those W's it doesn't matter

Good care less what Brees does fantasy wise as long as they keep putting up those W's it doesn't matter

Well, of course you don't, since your a Saints fan...but this thread is in a Fantasy Football forum, so the topic relates more to the offenses accumen of putting up points.

I didn't see their either of their last two games, so I'm curious as to whether the offense is just misfiring, if defenses are catching up to them, or if the OL injuries are preventing Brees from having time to hit downfield WRs.

OK, they're NOT this. f'real, real

Well, of course you don't, since your a Saints fan...but this thread is in a Fantasy Football forum, so the topic relates more to the offenses accumen of putting up points.

I didn't see their either of their last two games, so I'm curious as to whether the offense is just misfiring, if defenses are catching up to them, or if the OL injuries are preventing Brees from having time to hit downfield WRs.

It's a combination, hey face it the Jets D is for real and Revis just shuts down #1 WR. so Brees struggled as I suspected he would, I sat Colston and started Cotchery, but the running game is getting better with Pierre and the D is just awesome. Far better than expectations. Don'y worry about Brees he will have his 300 & 2/3 games but it is not needed as before to win so yes you can probably temper those first game expectations but increase all totals across the rb's

I think this is the most complete team the Saints have had, ever. I think the Saints went up against 2 good defensive game plans with the Bills and Jets regardless of what stats say about the Bills defense. I think the Saints are finally able to run the ball effectively and are not having to force the pass. All that hype about 50+ TD's this season and 5000+ yards again is pretty much gone. I think that Brees will have his break out games, but not on a consistent basis obviously after the last two weeks. I feel the coaching staff has finally wised up on controlling the game clock and not just running and gunning keeping the Saints D on the field all day turning every game into a shootout. I still think Brees is an upper tier Fantasy QB regardless.

I think this is the most complete team the Saints have had, ever. I think the Saints went up against 2 good defensive game plans with the Bills and Jets regardless of what stats say about the Bills defense. I think the Saints are finally able to run the ball effectively and are not having to force the pass. All that hype about 50+ TD's this season and 5000+ yards again is pretty much gone. I think that Brees will have his break out games, but not on a consistent basis obviously after the last two weeks. I feel the coaching staff has finally wised up on controlling the game clock and not just running and gunning keeping the Saints D on the field all day turning every game into a shootout. I still think Brees is an upper tier Fantasy QB regardless.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. The past two weeks we've faced better pass defenses so Drew became more of a game manager. I would expect some of the same vs the Giants & then the passing game to open back up as the season progresses.