[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Steve Smith (NYG) and get Andre Johnson?

Algierine

12-team keeper league, and I've been offered the following deal:

I give:

Smith (NYG)

Michael Crabtree (just grabbed him off the WW)

I get Andre Johnson

Even with Smith's amazing start, I have to consider this deal, right?

The rest of my team:

Schaub

Matt Ryan

Chris Johnson

Pierre Thomas

Reggie Bush

Boldin

Berrian

Bowe

Smith

Burleson

Crabtree

A kicker and a DEF (does it really matter?)

Any thoughts? WHIR

Accept this trade before he sobers up. Even if Steve Smith continues to put up the numbers he has (which I doubt), AJ will still probably put up better. Crabtree is a complete unknown right now. I don't think he'll have much fantasy value this year.

I'm taking the OPPOSITE viewpoint of the masses...

I say you keep what you have..You are in a KEEPER league that is significant. Crabtree was amazing in College and guess what he can be playing in two short weeks!! I agree Manning is hobbled but lets face it this week he is just going to be handing off if he even plays. You have enough WR to get you through a little rough spot and the result could pay HUGE dividends this year, and next year you might have a gold mine. Steve Smith might cool off a bit but hey he is definately the man in New York. Crabtree can potentially step right in like Terry Glen did when he got in the league. Crabtree is the real deal my friend. Think it through.

I'm taking the OPPOSITE viewpoint of the masses...

I say you keep what you have..You are in a KEEPER league that is significant. Crabtree was amazing in College and guess what he can be playing in two short weeks!! I agree Manning is hobbled but lets face it this week he is just going to be handing off if he even plays. You have enough WR to get you through a little rough spot and the result could pay HUGE dividends this year, and next year you might have a gold mine. Steve Smith might cool off a bit but hey he is definately the man in New York. Crabtree can potentially step right in like Terry Glen did when he got in the league. Crabtree is the real deal my friend. Think it through.

He didn't specify but keeper league generally means only keeping a few players year to year. Crabtree won't have that value for at least a couple seasons.