[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals-Ravens

Bengal Mania

The last call was the only one you could question,the pass interference.It was close,but it was there.The illegal contact was easy,and call it a man's game all you like,but the helmet to helmet was a blatant cheap shot no matter how you'd like to spin it.There was another blown call that you left out,a mistake I'm sure,but that's why I'm here.Your RB CLEARLY fumbled the ball that was returned for a TD that the officials called down by contact.When his knee went down,the replay showed the ball was on the way out when they froze it.

The bottom line,good calls,bad calls,it's all part of the game,and it's not the reason your team lost.You lost because Ravens got beat on both lines by the Bengals.That's why the Bengals ended up with over 400 yards in YOUR house.That's why they very nearly doubled the Ravens in first downs.That's why the Ravens only completed four passes to their wide receivers.

So your going to come to Cincinnati and get revenge?We'll see;Palmer owns a lifetime record of 7-3 against the Ravens.

He shoots, he scores.

thestugots needs to take off those Ravens glasses that he's looking through. The Ravens are lucky that they were in the game. The Bengals dominated them on both sides of the ball. If it weren't for the play of Ed Reed the Bengals would have won by 2 TD's. I think it's funny that someone would harp on a few calls at the end of the game when their team just got out played all day. As far as the defensless WR and Pass Interferance calls are concerned, every analyst I've heard speak on it thought both calls were legit. Even a former teammate and defensive player, Deion Sanders, thought the right calls were made. You've calmed down considerably since you initial post, but either way you look at it you got out played by the Bengals. Get used to it.

Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire, Bengals TE Coats dropped two certain TD catches, and the Fullback Johnson dropped another one. The Ravens are very fortunate that they were even close in the 4th quarter, could have easily been a 38-10 loss for the Ratbirds. I can't wait for the rematch either, I think it will be a helluva game. If the Bengals win one of the two back to back games with the Squeelers and the Ratbirds, I think they win the division, hands down. The offense has yet to hit it's stride, and there is actually a defense in the Jungle. It's been a fun wild ride for Bengals fans this year and I can't wait to see what we do next.

I think this thread has morphed into two different topics:

Topic #1: The Bengals played a great game on Sunday. They deserved to win and Palmer had great command of the game, when it truly mattered. The Bengals did to the Ravens this past Sunday exactly what the Ravens couldn't do to the Patriots the week before - put together a winning drive late in the 4th quarter. I only really watch Ravens games, but from the highlights that I've seen, Palmer has been putting together game winning drives in the 4th quarter all year. He's having a heckofa year. The Bengals obviously had something special on Sunday in light of playing with extra motivation from the passing of the D coordinators wife, but they've been playing well all year. The AFC North has some exciting football going on right now and there are going to be some great games later in the season (BAL @ CIN and 2 BAL-PIT games).

Topic #2: Roughing the passer calls and unsportsmanlike penalties are necessary parts of the game. That being said, player and team bias comes into play when penalties are called. Referees are humans and therefore are unable to be completely unbiased or unemotional when it comes to policing these rules. There are obvious inconsistencies when you compare similar plays (example Ray's hit on 85 this past week was called, but Clark's hit on McGahee in the AFC championship last year was not called - but tacklers led with their head in both instances). In addition, players like Brady and Palmer are more valuable to the NFL brand then say....Brady Quinn or Trent Edwards. If there is a questionable call that needs to be made in a real-time nanosecond, it's more likely to go toward a way that protects the NFLs more well known and marketed players.

Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire, Bengals TE Coats dropped two certain TD catches

Not sure how that adds any fuel to the fire. Coats is a bum who seems to be ineffective all year. I have him as a back-up TE on one of my fantasy teams (32H) and he hasn't done diddly poo all year. He drops more than half of the balls that are thrown to him and no TDs. Plus Flacco missed Clayton (who is another stone-handed bum) on a wide open sprint toward the endzone in the 4th. Again, neither adds any fuel as the game was decided on the final Bengals drive in the 4th.

There are obvious inconsistencies when you compare similar plays (example Ray's hit on 85 this past week was called, but Clark's hit on McGahee in the AFC championship last year was not called - but tacklers led with their head in both instances).

I don't recall the McGahee play, but was he going after a pass? In terms of personal fouls, I've been under the impression that they focus on defenseless players, like WRs going up for balls rather than RBs running with the ball who are just as able to dish it out as receive it. Again, I have no idea what sort of situation was in play during the game you referenced, just offering up a plausible reason.

Of course, I don't doubt for a second that some players get the royal treatment and others have a bullseye on their back.

Not sure how that adds any fuel to the fire. Coats is a bum who seems to be ineffective all year. I have him as a back-up TE on one of my fantasy teams (32H) and he hasn't done diddly poo all year. He drops more than half of the balls that are thrown to him and no TDs. Plus Flacco missed Clayton (who is another stone-handed bum) on a wide open sprint toward the endzone in the 4th. Again, neither adds any fuel as the game was decided on the final Bengals drive in the 4th.

Of course it adds fuel to the fire, the whole discussion turned to how the Ref's handed the game to the Bengals on the final drive and the Ravens would have destroyed the Bengals otherwise. I was merely pointing out that the Ravens were fortunate to even be in the game at all. They were pretty much dominated on both lines and all facets of play.

P.S. you will get no argument from me that Coats is a bum. He has hands of stone. If that's Utecht in there those are 2 TDs.

I don't recall the McGahee play, but was he going after a pass? In terms of personal fouls, I've been under the impression that they focus on defenseless players, like WRs going up for balls rather than RBs running with the ball who are just as able to dish it out as receive it. Again, I have no idea what sort of situation was in play during the game you referenced, just offering up a plausible reason.

Yes, McGahee was going after a pass that Flacco threw towards the middle of the playing field. It was a passing play. McGahee was knocked out (and I think suffered a concussion) by Clark's helmet hit. It was pretty vicious.

Yes, McGahee was going after a pass that Flacco threw towards the middle of the playing field. It was a passing play. McGahee was knocked out (and I think suffered a concussion) by Clark's helmet hit. It was pretty vicious.

Well there you have it then. Sounds like you've got a pretty legit beef.