[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Captain Lou Albano Passes Away

SeductiveNun

:wacko: I am an old school WWF fan. I loved it back in the day when I was a kid. Captain Lou was a riot. Loved the rubber band. That is a bummer .

Passes away 76 years old

I've seen footage of the Sicilians from way back, but almost all of my memories of Captain Lou were when he was a manager in the WWF. I have a lot of good memories as a wrestling fan of that era. Another old school talent lost.

+ Alpha and Seeca (sp?)

That would be the Samoans and their names were Afa and Sika. They actually were brothers. I had the opportunity to party with them once when they came to town for a wrestling match. For some reason I went to a bar I don't normally go to and there were these two hugh dudes playing pool with no one around them at all. I decided to go pu my $0.50 (pool was cheap back in those days) up for the next game. They glared at me and sorta growled, I laughed at them. They laughed back. Come to find out, they were just a couple of guys from San Fran that knew the right people to get into pro wrestling. They were also a riot to be around. We ended up closing the place. A very cool night.

That would be the Samoans and their names were Afa and Sika. They actually were brothers. I had the opportunity to party with them once when they came to town for a wrestling match. For some reason I went to a bar I don't normally go to and there were these two hugh dudes playing pool with no one around them at all. I decided to go pu my $0.50 (pool was cheap back in those days) up for the next game. They glared at me and sorta growled, I laughed at them. They laughed back. Come to find out, they were just a couple of guys from San Fran that knew the right people to get into pro wrestling. They were also a riot to be around. We ended up closing the place. A very cool night.

Being from NOVA you may know of the old Howard Johnsons Hotel on Route 1 in Crystal City? Most of the wrestlers used to stay there when in town and I lived across Route 1 from it. I met Greg the Hammer Valentine there 1 night after a HUGH night of :wacko: in Georgetown. Awesome guy :D

RIP Captain Lou :wacko:

Probably one of the most succesful wrestiling families other than maybe the Harts.

Not sure why you quoted me in your reply, but I was referring to the Sicilians, the tag team that Lou Albano wrestled in.

From the CNN article:

"Albano began his storied career with Vincent J. McMahon in the 1960s as one half of 'The Sicilians' tag team with his partner Tony Altimore," the WWE said. "He will be greatly missed by the WWE and his fans."

A friend of mine has a legends tape of wrestlers from the 50's and 60's, and some of the matches included the Sicilians.

However you are correct about Afa and Sika, they were kick ass! :wacko:

Not sure why you quoted me in your reply, but I was referring to the Sicilians, the tag team that Lou Albano wrestled in.

From the CNN article:

A friend of mine has a legends tape of wrestlers from the 50's and 60's, and some of the matches included the Sicilians.

However you are correct about Afa and Sika, they were kick ass! :wacko:

My bad, I never knew about the Sicilians. I thought you were talking about the Wild Samoans as that was the team I most know Capt. Lou from.