[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

H1N1 Vaccine

muck

My wife kept calling the Urgent Care places. She found one in Boulder that was getting 100 doses, and she took the kids down there 45 minutes before it opened and stood in line, and they were down to the last 25 doses when they got in. Just for the kids and pregnant ladies. Nobody else.

sounds like the ceo's need a dose of the Have to agree here!!! vaccine.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out from my wife, who is in the Health care field, that the Frederick County Health Department here in Md has 800 appointments that will be available for Friday the 6th. The phone lines open Wednesday morning at 9 AM and will take the first 800 callers all for younger kids, pregnant women, or those with Chronic health conditions. I plan to start calling early and often to make sure our 4 y/o can get her shot.

The Mrs. is baffled that in our area smaller doctors' offices in affluent areas are getting the vaccine before low-rent public clinics that serve the segment of the population with a statistically higher risk of infection. While *I'm* not surprised that the allocation of scare resources generally favors the "haves" over the "have nots," I am morbidly curious how the allocation process is being determined.

Edited by yo mama

Our daughter’s pediatrician has the vaccine and told me that right now all they are doing is taking names of people that want the shot and then checking inventory to make sure they have enough. At that point they will call and tell you.

I guess I am going to start hunting for other options as I have seen up close how bad this can be when it is bad.