[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grad School

Brentastic

Look at the bright side. I'm considering my MBA options here in Southern California.

Chapman University - decent private school here is $75K for the program

USC - top school is about 100K

UC Irvine - 80K

UCLA - 80-100K depending on program

So, 50K for a decent respectable program seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Look at the bright side. I'm considering my MBA options here in Southern California.

UC Irvine - 80K

Kellog is the #1business grad school in the country, it's here in Chicago (Northwestern) and it too is $98K. I considered it for about a second - just ridiculous, IMO. Good luck with yours.

My only experience with U of Phoenix is our company secretary that got an MBA from them. She is still the company secretary 5 years later.

:wacko:

UC Irvine - 80K

$96K was a tough pill to swallow...I love debt!

My decision is this - if I want to stay with my current company, an MBA is important, but where not so much, a i am already in the company.

If I want ot move way up in the company, or look at other company's, the where is a lot more important, not just for the prestige but also the alumni networks. That puts USC and UCLA ahead of the others, but Chapman, Irvine and even Cal State Fullerton have good reputations down here.

Then I have to decide if starting at age 33 (32 now, 33 next fall semester), if it is a wise cost/benefit decision.

My decision is this - if I want to stay with my current company, an MBA is important, but where not so much, a i am already in the company.

If I want ot move way up in the company, or look at other company's, the where is a lot more important, not just for the prestige but also the alumni networks. That puts USC and UCLA ahead of the others, but Chapman, Irvine and even Cal State Fullerton have good reputations down here.

Then I have to decide if starting at age 33 (32 now, 33 next fall semester), if it is a wise cost/benefit decision.

I'm 35 - I figure our life expectancy is 80+, so we have another 40 years of work. I'm almost thinking I will need to get a PHD to stay competitive in 20 years.

:wacko:

I am getting my MBA because my company will pay for it and I am need of my next professional challenge . . .

I am takling online courses offered by a brick and mortar college that is extremely well respected. It wont be online courses that are from an online university . . .

I am an alum of NIU. A very fine school. You will do well w/ a degree from there. Granted they were a "Normal" school back in the day, but since the mid to late 70's they have expanded their boundaries and have done an excellent job. They are one of the top schools for Accounting (undergrad) w/ an extremely high rate of CPA certification shortly after graduation.

Good luck to yall!