[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to obtain Brees. Will this trade weaken my team too much?

kzook76

Ok the deal is done and approved for week 8. I most likely will be 3-4 but hopefully but I am hoping to play matchups the rest of the way. Especally at WR.

I traded

Carson Palmer - Would have dropped him anyways after this trade

Steve Smith NYG - I view as selling high. He is a value in my PPR and I cannot believe I traded my top WR away but that is the risk I am taking.

Chris Johnson - Other that the one HUGE game he has been fairly inconsistent.

I get

Drew Brees

Steve Smith - Carolina

Mark Clayton - basically a thow-in.

I just gave up a ton of points. My WRs are really weak and I am resting the rest of my season basically on LT's back by trading JOhnson away. I hope this major risk is worth the reward. What is your opinion?

Edited by kzook76

Line-up requirements are

QB WR WR WR RB RB TE K DST

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

Plus 5 points for a PaTD of 50 to 99 Yds

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 5 points for a ReTD of 50 to 99 Yds

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 175+ ReYd

Recpt - Reception 1 point

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 5 points for a RuTD of 50 to 99 Yds

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 175+ RuYd

Edited by kzook76

You're taking a hugh risk at RB, but if Carolina's Steve Smith shows up in the 2nd half of the season and plays like the top ten WR he is capable of being, and LT can stay injury free and put in average performances the rest of the year, then the move could pay off for you.

You're taking a hugh risk at RB, but if Carolina's Steve Smith shows up in the 2nd half of the season and plays like the top ten WR he is capable of being, and LT can stay injury free and put in average performances the rest of the year, then the move could pay off for you.

Great points. I need LT, Steve Smith and Housh to have pretty good rest of the season for me to be successful. its going to be a lot of playing matchups.

I would love to try to package two of my average receivers and get a good one but I doubt that will happen and Ray Rice is my only other hot trade commodity.

Great points. I need LT, Steve Smith and Housh to have pretty good rest of the season for me to be successful. its going to be a lot of playing matchups.

I would love to try to package two of my average receivers and get a good one but I doubt that will happen and Ray Rice is my only other hot trade commodity.

You can't afford to deal any of your RBs with the requirement to start 2. All 3 you have are already on the risky side.