[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Memorabilia & Card Collections

lennykravitz2004

Who else out there collects memorabilia for sports?

I have a bunch of auto'd spamshirts, cards, mini helmets, footballs, baseballs, etc.

Also, anybody collect sports cards? I have a question for anybody who might be able to help me recognize what weird jersey piece I have for a Ravens Mark Clayton jersey (no scan of it yet though). It says its from the infamous "event-worn rookie photo shoot".

If you might be able to let, please let me know and I'll get a scan together.

GL this weekend.

Thanks!

I have a bunch of auto'd spamshirts, cards, mini helmets, footballs, baseballs, etc.

Also, anybody collect sports cards? I have a question for anybody who might be able to help me recognize what weird jersey piece I have for a Ravens Mark Clayton jersey (no scan of it yet though). It says its from the infamous "event-worn rookie photo shoot".

GL this weekend.

Thanks!

i believe it's what it says......it's a piece from the jersey he wore during the roookie photo shoot......which means chit cause what ya want is authenic gameday threads........do a search here bout cards & stuff....everyone has gotten out cause it;s so watered down

i believe it's what it says......it's a piece from the jersey he wore during the roookie photo shoot......which means chit cause what ya want is authenic gameday threads........do a search here bout cards & stuff....everyone has gotten out cause it;s so watered down

Let me rephrase my original post...

I have been collecting for over 30 years.

I have 11 of the 01 Fleer auto'd spamshirts (with matching certs), 8 of which are framed. Only one I might be missing is the Dilfer, which there only may be one which is also not authenticated. Over 20,000 cards. While I am not "everyone", I was hoping to reach out to some who might still enjoy the hobby of collecting. I am also very aware there were about 3000+ card shops in the peak of years of the 90's to around 500+ today in the US.

Is there a serious Balt homer who might be able to help me recognize a piece of patch if I get a scan together?

Hopefully this may clear up any misunderstanding of my "rookie" status (which, to me, means that I simply have not been on this site very long). Over 1000+ posts on espn, and over 300+ posts on my hometown newspaper website.

Thanks in advance.

Let me rephrase my original post...

I have been collecting for over 30 years.

I have 11 of the 01 Fleer auto'd spamshirts (with matching certs), 8 of which are framed. Only one I might be missing is the Dilfer, which there only may be one which is also not authenticated. Over 20,000 cards. While I am not "everyone", I was hoping to reach out to some who might still enjoy the hobby of collecting. I am also very aware there were about 3000+ card shops in the peak of years of the 90's to around 500+ today in the US.

Is there a serious Balt homer who might be able to help me recognize a piece of patch if I get a scan together?

Hopefully this may clear up any misunderstanding of my "rookie" status (which, to me, means that I simply have not been on this site very long). Over 1000+ posts on espn, and over 300+ posts on my hometown newspaper website.

Thanks in advance.

:wacko: hope ya don't think i was bustin yer chops.....just gave my unexpert opinion.....of course there are Raven Fans here. slam the scan up

I know someone who could put together a good scan.

Ahem.....PAGING AtomicCEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko::D:D

Thanks for the direction on the search.

didn't think you were beating me up, just thought me being a noob to the site might have made me seem like a Dumas.

Member #45? wow. don't know about being a stud and/or more qualified with the # of posts I mentioned. just means more opportunity to make a fool of myself with comments... :D

saw the EA video too. boi-oi-oi-oing! i would eat the corn out of her dook.

thanks again.

On the "Event worn" Jersey card, it is kinda misleading. They would walk in, put on a jersey and take it right back off. So technically it was worn AT the event. Upper Deck and such got hammered for this after the cat got let outta the bag. What part of the jersey (if you can tell) since they could cut up a jersey and make 250-300 pieces out of it..

GL this weekend.

Thanks!

I have had all kinds of memorabilia cards, though. I have had the made in taiwan part of a Roger Craig game worn shoe, the reebok patch off of a Gates game worn glove, one of the stars off of a 2006 game worn Romo jersey, etc. You need to scan. What brand? Is it numbered?

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

looks like a piece of the event patch that's on the jersey....good ole SP Authenic was one i always liked collectin....the hand auto instead of label is always better as ya prolly know......what's the year and card #?

05 sp authentic "rookie authentic" #238

on card is always much sweeter. so the "events" have a special patch too? that would 'splain it... did not know that. one of my friends and I have been trying to figure this out forever.

05 sp authentic "rookie authentic" #238

on card is always much sweeter. so the "events" have a special patch too? that would 'splain it... did not know that. one of my friends and I have been trying to figure this out forever.

only 499 of those and that's a pretty sweet swatch......my old Beckett price book value is low $50.00 - $100.00 high value...nice card :D

almost looks like a superbowl logo above the 9 on his left shoulder but Ravens weren't in a superbowl in 04 or 05 :wacko: Big John may have an idea what that logo is......Rookie cards come out before the season starts although SP authenic comes later then other so i doubt it is a game jersey just a rookie photo shoot :D

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Did you pull this card? or buy it? Didn't the Ravens have a special jersey that year that had alot of red? The one scary thing about ebay and patch cards is that they can be tampered and the patches can be swapped out with a razor blade. SP is known to use good parts of spamshirts on cards numbered as high as yours, so I can see this being real and not inserted. It cannot be a Pro Bowl jersey but it could be the jersey they put on him on draft day or it was worn at the rookie media day. The red is throwing me off but it is probably a sleeve patch. SP only save the NFL logo for the 1/1 and #ed/25 cards. I just cannot remember if the NFL had a special patch on spamshirts that year.