[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ted Thompson...

Ed Hoyle

:wacko::D:D I found this post on another site. What exactly has TT done in Green Bay? They go from a team who could beat anyone on a given Sunday to a team who is praying to stay in games. Last year was the D/ST as the scapegoat. This year the OL. Whose fault is this?

The Favre situation was wrong from BOTH sides. But, if you look at how many decent veterans were forced out (Yeah, Favre created his demise. But, it makes you wonder what REALLY went on behind the scenes.) by Green Bay, it was not just Favre.

1. KGB- The Packers alltime leader in sacks was willing to restructure his contract and was willing to only be in on situational plays, but TT wasnt having any of it, and cut one of the Packs all time greats

2. Darren Sharper- TT had to make room for his young up and coming safties... Sharper went to Minnesota and dominated while the Packers didnt find a player to replace him until Bigby came around, and Bigby is not close to as good as Sharper

3. Ahman Green- Why not resign Green? He wanted to stay in GB and he was still a good back, but again TT wanted to move on and drafted Jackson, who was a backup in college.

4. Ryan Longwell- The Packers alltime leading scorer, what was the point in not re signing him? I believe Crosby is a very good kicker, but Longwell was the best in the NFL, and still is arguably.

5. Tauscher- Yes he has resigned Tauscher, now that the O-Line is injury plauged, but Tauscher was a pro-bowl T, with no available replacements, not resigning him was awful.

6. Rivera and Wahl being sent packing. They were servicable and could have played better for 1-2 years when they left. Look at what they have now. Ouch.

Also, the only good move TT has made is getting Charles Woodson, but in signing Woodson he promised him he would play receiver... I have not seen him at WR yet. Woodson said his two main reasons for coming to GB was because he felt that a team led by Favre could compete every year, and that TT promised he could play WR... now he doesnt have either.

The Packers are being outcoached. They are being driven into the ground. Hopefully, the stockholders and Mark Murphy have the balls to let MM and TT go at the end of the season. :D

GB's problems ALL come down to their OL. There is someone in the backfield as soon as Rodgers takes the snap. Every other camera shot is of one of their guys with an ice pack on their knee or hurting. Then they stick in Barbre, who has to be the worst I've ever seen. Their D tries, but is constantly backed up into no win situations. Favre would suck in this environment. He is damn lucky he didn't come back and play for GB and I'm sure he knows it. He is HAVING FUN OUT THERE and GUNSLINGING and is a BIG KID OUT THERE because his line isn't quite the worst of all time.

Anyone that believes TB has turned the corner based on the last game is fooling themselves. GB gave them excellent field position every series and unless Rodgers gets a deep completion to someone wide open they are going to be stuck sucking for the rest of the year.

GB's problems ALL come down to their OL. There is someone in the backfield as soon as Rodgers takes the snap. Every other camera shot is of one of their guys with an ice pack on their knee or hurting. Then they stick in Barbre, who has to be the worst I've ever seen. Their D tries, but is constantly backed up into no win situations. Favre would suck in this environment. He is damn lucky he didn't come back and play for GB and I'm sure he knows it. He is HAVING FUN OUT THERE and GUNSLINGING and is a BIG KID OUT THERE because his line isn't quite the worst of all time.

Anyone that believes TB has turned the corner based on the last game is fooling themselves. GB gave them excellent field position every series and unless Rodgers gets a deep completion to someone wide open they are going to be stuck sucking for the rest of the year.

I agree. If Favre was behind this O-Line you can bet that his iron man streak would have ended. No way he would have been able to take the punishment Rodgers is getting now. He's lucky he left GB when he did.

Oh finally someone is speaking the TRUTH..

I am a Packers fan as well a Brett Favre fan.

As much as I understand regarding Favre's saga, I must agree Brett was being indecisive regarding his situation and being like a 5 years ago.

However, we must rethink what drove him into an ugly break up.

Yes, Ted Thompson, I have no idea what is wrong with that man, how can you let your all time favorite quarterback left the team like that.

Green Bay tried to trade Favre two years ago and tried to be better.. However, as we all know, they got murdered by Favre this year.

What can I say? If all of Green Bay fans should think about hang Ted Thompason booing Brett Favre while he stepped into Lambeau Field two weeks ago.

If I can, HANG TED THOMPSON !

I agree. If Favre was behind this O-Line you can bet that his iron man streak would have ended. No way he would have been able to take the punishment Rodgers is getting now. He's lucky he left GB when he did.

Agreed. Favre would be dead if he were playing behind this OL. This is not a Favre issue. It is a TT issue and everyone keeps skirting that subject.

But, what are your thoughts about the other Vets that TT sent away?

I have never liked TT or MM. I have even said this since Pre-Season when everyone annointed GB as the chosen "Team of the Year". Now, being out-coached and mismanaged are haunting them. The rough stretch of schedule could lead them to another losing season. 2 in a row. They haven't had that in how long?

The Personnel choices were made by the GM. The picks drafted by GM. So, who needs to be held accountable.

TT MUST GO.

Why does a viking fan care so much about getting Ted Thompson out of Green Bay?

I was a Packer Fan until the Favre saga started. I still say there is more to the situation than Favre being a drama-queen.

I have never liked TT and think MM is a doofus. I have said this since joining the Huddle.

When TT is gone I will fully support GB. Until then I will cheer for Favre. Green and Gold to the bone fans will not tolerate that, but it is my choice.

This season is proving that I am not totally off in my assessment of both TT and MM.

It is just a matter of time until they get enough rope to hang themselves.

But, you will make a spin on Favre for this.

For once it is not a FAVRE issue...but rather that TT and MM are looking very inept right now at leading a team.

Agreed. Favre would be dead if he were playing behind this OL. This is not a Favre issue. It is a TT issue and everyone keeps skirting that subject.

I have never liked TT or MM. I have even said this since Pre-Season when everyone annointed GB as the chosen "Team of the Year". Now, being out-coached and mismanaged are haunting them. The rough stretch of schedule could lead them to another losing season. 2 in a row. They haven't had that in how long?

The Personnel choices were made by the GM. The picks drafted by GM. So, who needs to be held accountable.

TT MUST GO.

Up until yesterday's game, I was on TT and MM side. However, after watching MM abandon the run game (again!) and trying to force the pass (and replacing Grant with Green and Jackson on key drives) and watching another O-Line fiasco I am finally on board with them having to go.

As far as the other vets go:

1) I was surprised they let KGB go as I still felt that he was servicable at the time.

2) Green, to me, was too injury prone in his final years so I was okay with him leaving.

3) Longwell could have stayed but I think it was a combination of money and perceived lack of power in his kicks was why he was not pursued. However, he was still a good kicker and has proven it in MN.

4) Sharper was another boneheaded move as he was one of the best safeties we ever had. And, again, he has proven it with MN and now NO.

5) Tauscher - I think this was probably a smart move (not resigning him to start the season) as I watched him on the sidelines again with another ice pack on his knee. His body clearly cannot take an NFL pounding anymore.

Clearly there needs to be a change in GB and that has to start with TT and MM. I've had enough and have seen the light.

Edited by tosberg34

I dont know if MM has too much to do with Favre saga.. the bottom line is .. he is just a coach...

GM is the one deals with everything. Perhaps a coach can have his voice, but it is not necessary to be taken by the GM

Look at the bright side, MM did lead the packers to a 13-3 season. And he did not great but acceptable last year with a 8-8 (Aaron Rodgers' first full year)

TT should be the one to be fired.

Green Bay Packers are the All American Team, I believe everyone is allowed to have some voice regarding the unacceptable situations

Up until yesterday's game, I was on TT and MM side. However, after watching MM abandon the run game (again!) and trying to force the pass (and replacing Grant with Green and Jackson on key drives) and watching another O-Line fiasco I am finally on board with them having to go.

As far as the other vets go:

1) I was surprised they let KGB go as I still felt that he was servicable at the time.

2) Green, to me, was too injury prone in his final years so I was okay with him leaving.

3) Longwell could have stayed but I think it was a combination of money and perceived lack of power in his kicks was why he was not pursued. However, he was still a good kicker and has proven it in MN.

4) Sharper was another boneheaded move as he was one of the best safeties we ever had. And, again, he has proven it with MN and now NO.

5) Tauscher - I think this was probably a smart move (not resigning him to start the season) as I watched him on the sidelines again with another ice pack on his knee. His body clearly cannot take an NFL pounding anymore.

Clearly there needs to be a change in GB and that has to start with TT and MM. I've had enough and have seen the light.

Is it me, or does Tauscher look about 50 pounds heavier than he was last time in GB??

I hoped he'd play better, but you're right, he is at the end of the line.

Sharper is good. Green would have been a good handcuff for Grant. Injury prone yes, but Jackson's draft pick could have been used on another positional player.

I dont know if MM has too much to do with Favre saga.. the bottom line is .. he is just a coach...

Green Bay Packers are the All American Team, I believe everyone is allowed to have some voice regarding the unacceptable situations

Before Favre was traded to the JETS, Chewie quoted Winters on his radio show. Winters said MM and Favre had it worked out he'd compete for his job and were finalizing details. TT came in and said to Favre, "When will you get it through your ****ing head you are done in Green Bay!"

This is hearsay, but why would a guy tell this on ESPN? Either way, I can see this happening. That is over and done with.

As for MM being competent. He really doesn't seem to be. And, they didn't go 8-8 last year they were 6-10.

When TT is gone I will fully support GB. Until then I will cheer for Favre. Green and Gold to the bone fans will not tolerate that, but it is my choice.

Can't be done. You jumped ship on your team for a hated rival. You're not a fan. You're a bandwagon or fair weather fan. It's cool, nothing wrong with it, just admit that you're a fan who's loyalty goes to whoever has the hot hand. Fairweather as can be.

Before Favre was traded to the JETS, Chewie quoted Winters on his radio show. Winters said MM and Favre had it worked out he'd compete for his job and were finalizing details. TT came in and said to Favre, "When will you get it through your ****ing head you are done in Green Bay!"

This is hearsay, but why would a guy tell this on ESPN? Either way, I can see this happening. That is over and done with.

As for MM being competent. He really doesn't seem to be. And, they didn't go 8-8 last year they were 6-10.

And why is Mark Chmura of all people going to be a reliable source? Doesn't he have some underaged babysitter to force himself on?

And why is Mark Chmura of all people going to be a reliable source? Doesn't he have some underaged babysitter to force himself on?

Whoo hoo. LOL ---Scary, but I was thinking that when I listened to the show. I can't believe he's got a show.

As for Fair-Weather Fan. You can say that. I just hated the decisions TT started making when he came in. I still cheer for the Packers. I cheered for them against Favre, but wanted him to do well too. I know for a fact that many feel the same too.

One question....If Peyton Manning starts to waffle, will Indy send him on his way? They haven't drafted a replacement yet either.

I still think if TT wanted to WIN at the time, he'd have done more to keep Favre. You need to do more to keep the face of the franchise in town. If he falters, then put in the heir apparent. Holmgren benched Brett a few times to jack him up.

BUT, it didn't happen that way.

That is not the real issue at hand. TT is the issue. He's done more to hurt this franchise than good. It is starting to show.

Whoo hoo. LOL ---Scary, but I was thinking that when I listened to the show. I can't believe he's got a show.

As for Fair-Weather Fan. You can say that. I just hated the decisions TT started making when he came in. I still cheer for the Packers. I cheered for them against Favre, but wanted him to do well too. I know for a fact that many feel the same too.

One question....If Peyton Manning starts to waffle, will Indy send him on his way? They haven't drafted a replacement yet either.

I still think if TT wanted to WIN at the time, he'd have done more to keep Favre. You need to do more to keep the face of the franchise in town. If he falters, then put in the heir apparent. Holmgren benched Brett a few times to jack him up.

BUT, it didn't happen that way.

That is not the real issue at hand. TT is the issue. He's done more to hurt this franchise than good. It is starting to show.

A fan sticks with the team they root for through the good and bad, the ups and the downs. Taking off when things get hairy is the definition of fairweather. You don't root against your team and cheer for the arch rival.

And you can't compare Peyton Manning to anything close to this situation. For starters, Favre was 38 years old and had already been talking about retirement for years, so when he finally does it, good for him. The team moved on and made a commitment to him.

And as far as TT wanting to win at the time... You need to realize that Aaron Rodgers is doing more than Favre with the team playing worse around him. Rodgers isnt the problem. A line who's tackles cant stay healthy, a guard who was drafted with high hopes has flopped, the entire defense- who was elite in 07 has completely fallen apart as well. Look at the defensive numbers from that season... Takeaways, Defensive TDS, sacks, they were all very high. Now they get no pressure from the front seven save for Cullen Jenkins and Clay Matthews. The media makes to big of a deal about Favre Vs Rodgers or whatever non-sense, but the fact remains that Rodgers has been playing damn near elite for a year and a half now, with little to no help from his defense or O Line. He rarely turns the ball over, and is the offense. More attention should be paid to those who aren't living up to their end of the bargain, but that doesn't get ratings.

A fan sticks with the team they root for through the good and bad, the ups and the downs. Taking off when things get hairy is the definition of fairweather. You don't root against your team and cheer for the arch rival.

And you can't compare Peyton Manning to anything close to this situation. For starters, Favre was 38 years old and had already been talking about retirement for years, so when he finally does it, good for him. The team moved on and made a commitment to him.

And as far as TT wanting to win at the time... You need to realize that Aaron Rodgers is doing more than Favre with the team playing worse around him. Rodgers isnt the problem. A line who's tackles cant stay healthy, a guard who was drafted with high hopes has flopped, the entire defense- who was elite in 07 has completely fallen apart as well. Look at the defensive numbers from that season... Takeaways, Defensive TDS, sacks, they were all very high. Now they get no pressure from the front seven save for Cullen Jenkins and Clay Matthews. The media makes to big of a deal about Favre Vs Rodgers or whatever non-sense, but the fact remains that Rodgers has been playing damn near elite for a year and a half now, with little to no help from his defense or O Line. He rarely turns the ball over, and is the offense. More attention should be paid to those who aren't living up to their end of the bargain, but that doesn't get ratings.

Good Points.

I didn't jump ship to the hot hand. I will cheer for GB, but WILL never be a fan of TT or MM. The whole saga could have been avoided if they'd handled it differently. They chose to manage as they did and that is their right. But, if you want to keep a franchise together as a GM they could have. The NFL is a business. They made a choice. But, look at the division in fan base they've created. And, look where the team is now. No leadership...in the front office...on the sidelines...in the huddle.

But, Aaron can't win from behind. What is his record when trying to lead a comeback? He holds the ball too long. He is also not a leader who inspires those around him to play better. Numerous commentators and analysts said Favre has an intensity that just works. Aaron can develop that and the things above. He is a very athletic QB, but is not "elite" in the sense that he needs to lead and win from behind. He is putting up all-star numbers.

Would Favre be better in GB now, or even in 2008? No. Not at this point in his career. But, look at the energy he has brought to a MN franchise that is on the verge of being really good. Can they win the SB? We'll see, but they have to fix a number of problems themselves.

Yet, anyone can see what a "GOOD" draft can bring with Free Agency can do for a team that wants to win. Just at this point and time GB and MN are going in two totally different directions.

But, place the blame on where it should go. Don't skirt the issue. TT could have brought in FA and avoided the media fostered retire-unretire issue. And, you still will not look at the fact that Favre didn't start to waffle until 2005 when the ghost arrived in Green Bay. That is when Brett started to "hold the team hostage" as many put it. Yet, no one will look at the timeline. Favre retired from GB...period. He should not have. But place the real blame for GB's tailspin where it should go...TT and MM.

Thompson has failed to properly assess his draft picks, and will not spend money on Free Agents. He hired a coach who is average at best.

It's funny how the diehards can't see that. Maybe someday.

1. KGB- The Packers alltime leader in sacks was willing to restructure his contract and was willing to only be in on situational plays, but TT wasnt having any of it, and cut one of the Packs all time greats

2. Darren Sharper- TT had to make room for his young up and coming safties... Sharper went to Minnesota and dominated while the Packers didnt find a player to replace him until Bigby came around, and Bigby is not close to as good as Sharper

3. Ahman Green- Why not resign Green? He wanted to stay in GB and he was still a good back, but again TT wanted to move on and drafted Jackson, who was a backup in college.

4. Ryan Longwell- The Packers alltime leading scorer, what was the point in not re signing him? I believe Crosby is a very good kicker, but Longwell was the best in the NFL, and still is arguably.

5. Tauscher- Yes he has resigned Tauscher, now that the O-Line is injury plauged, but Tauscher was a pro-bowl T, with no available replacements, not resigning him was awful.

6. Rivera and Wahl being sent packing. They were servicable and could have played better for 1-2 years when they left. Look at what they have now. Ouch.

Also, the only good move TT has made is getting Charles Woodson, but in signing Woodson he promised him he would play receiver... I have not seen him at WR yet. Woodson said his two main reasons for coming to GB was because he felt that a team led by Favre could compete every year, and that TT promised he could play WR... now he doesnt have either.

The Packers are being outcoached. They are being driven into the ground. Hopefully, the stockholders and Mark Murphy have the balls to let MM and TT go at the end of the season. :wacko:

TT MUST GO.

1. What did KGB do once he was released? Nothing. That should tell you something about him. If no other team could get anything out of him, what was he going to do in Green Bay?

2. I was sad to see Sharper go, but the guy was hugely inconsistant near the end of his career with the pack. He was far too agressive and let the opposing team light up the score board far too often. That paired with what he was wanting money wise, I understood the decision.

3. Ryan Grant is far better than most think. The guy runs hard and is on pace for another 1200 yard year behind a train wreck O Line. That makes Green being let go and the Brandon Jackson pick easier to stomach.

4. Who really thinks Longwell is arguably the best kicker in the NFL? Are you mad? Remember, near the end of his tenure as a packer he was wildly erratic and he couldn't boot through the longer FG's. The guy needed to go to a dome to get things straight. I'll contend that if he stayed in GB he would be a below average kicker.

5. Tauscher wasn't medically ready to play football up until a few months ago. He didn't sign anywhere else and was on the field last week. If possible, it's better to have a player like him signed after the first week of the season. I would say this was by far the dumbest point, but then I looked back at 1-4 and it's pretty close.

6. Marco Rivera? Are you serious? Ask Dallas how that signing worked out. The dudes back was gone and he had absolutely nothing left. Marco Rivera's career was over when he hit free agency. As far as Wahle goes, another packer that I loved, but the dude wanted a crazy amount of money. The Packers don't throw money at everyone. At a certain point you have to give the younger guys a chance. And as far as what has TT done...

Aaron Rodgers

Ryan Grant=Traded a very late pick for him.

John Kuhn

Greg Jennings

JerMichael Finley

Jason Spitz

Mark Tauscher=Resigned him.

AJ Hawk

Clay Matthews=Looks legit already

Charles Woodson=FA signing

Nick Collins

Atari Bigby

Yes, he missed on Brandon Jackson, Daryn Colledge and Justin Harrell. No one, not even the patriots hit on every pick they make. My point isn't that Ted Thompson is the GM Jesus, but that he doesn't need to be hung like some jackass posted earlier, nor does he need to be fired. All you need to do is look at the 4-12 team he took over for, look at how old they were across the board, and see how quickly he re-tooled it into a team with potential. Yes there are problems with the team, but they were far greater when he took over. He has been doing a good-Not great job up to this point. If we're laying blame anywhere, It's got to be McCarthy. He's not putting his players into positions to succeed.

Is it me, or does Tauscher look about 50 pounds heavier than he was last time in GB??

I hoped he'd play better, but you're right, he is at the end of the line.

Sharper is good. Green would have been a good handcuff for Grant. Injury prone yes, but Jackson's draft pick could have been used on another positional player.

That's sort of revisionist history, is it not? As I recall, Jackson was drafted before they dealt for Grant and Grant was just a pleasant surprise that they got for next to nothing. And wasn't Jackson a 3rd round pick? That's a great place to take a flyer on a RB. So this one didn't pan out.. Regardless, no rational person can look at what Green has done since the Pack let him go and consider him, "the one that got away" He's limped through a few mediocre years in Houston and now he's back for free. At very least, you wouldn't say, "OK, let's hold onto Green as a back-up for this yet to be traded for dude from NY that we're about to get for nothing because he hasn't done dick yet". Green was done and they moved on. That's what happens with RBs.

That said, the proof is in the pudding and the Pack is not getting it done. While I still side with the Green Bay brass in the whole Favre fiasco, they still need to put a decent team around the QB they want to go forward with and they're just not doing it. If the rationale regarding Favre was that they needed to finally install the QB they'd been building this team around, well?

Of course, if their O-line is being decimated by injuries, there's not much you can do.

That said, the proof is in the pudding and the Pack is not getting it done. While I still side with the Green Bay brass in the whole Favre fiasco, they still need to put a decent team around the QB they want to go forward with and they're just not doing it. If the rationale regarding Favre was that they needed to finally install the QB they'd been building this team around, well?

Of course, if their O-line is being decimated by injuries, there's not much you can do.

Case in point. TT moved on with ARodgers, but has yet to put a "team" around him. The OL is abysmal, the D/ST can't beat good teams.

Again, if they can't protect Rodgers he could end up like David Carr.

a team with potential. Yes there are problems with the team, but they were far greater when he took over. He has been doing a good-Not great job up to this point. If we're laying blame anywhere, It's got to be McCarthy. He's not putting his players into positions to succeed.

"Potential" is proving that it will not WIN games. The decision to draft for potential and not go for Free Agents falls on the GM AND HC.

There are just as many GB fans out there who think both need to go.

1. KGB- The Packers alltime leader in sacks was willing to restructure his contract and was willing to only be in on situational plays, but TT wasnt having any of it, and cut one of the Packs all time greats KGB had an injury, was underperforming, and NO ONE ELSE picked him up. He was done, end of story. GOOD MOVE

2. Darren Sharper- TT had to make room for his young up and coming safties... Sharper went to Minnesota and dominated while the Packers didnt find a player to replace him until Bigby came around, and Bigby is not close to as good as Sharper Sharper wasnt playing well, and was a liability against the deep pass. Bad eval on this one, as he clearly is not done.

3. Ahman Green- Why not resign Green? He wanted to stay in GB and he was still a good back, but again TT wanted to move on and drafted Jackson, who was a backup in college. Injury-prone, and not playing well at all. Why keep him around at that point? However Jackson WAS a bad pick.

4. Ryan Longwell- The Packers alltime leading scorer, what was the point in not re signing him? I believe Crosby is a very good kicker, but Longwell was the best in the NFL, and still is arguably. They guy sucked a kickoffs in the cold and lost some distance. He has done very well IN A DOME. Just a poor fit for where he was in his career.

5. Tauscher- Yes he has resigned Tauscher, now that the O-Line is injury plauged, but Tauscher was a pro-bowl T, with no available replacements, not resigning him was awful. He is sooo awesome that NO ONE ELSE signed him. He was trying to overcome an injury. Why keep him on the roster when you KNOW he will be around later when he has healed? Jon Runyan is still a FA too . . right?

6. Rivera and Wahl being sent packing. They were servicable and could have played better for 1-2 years when they left. Look at what they have now. Ouch. This comment is just dumb. These guys were WAAY overpaid at the time, and Green bay didnt have the cap space then to compete. If they had tons of cap space back then, ya "might" have a case. This is the time when they were still overcoming bad FA signings that hurt their cap flexibility.

TT's theory about building thropugh the draft isnt a bad one . . . IF YOU MAKE GOOD PICKS. If you choose to not go after FAs, then all your draft picks need to be regular contributors/ better than a comparable free agent. This hasnt been the case.

Get off the Favre situation. It has been done to death, and most sane people realize that the Packers made the right move with how well Rodgers has done. If Rodgers flopped, then it would be an entirely different situation. Favre made his bed, but didnt want to lie in it, and expected the team to revolve around how he felt that morning. Ya cant compare it to Manning, or anyone else, because there hasnt been another flipp-flopping situation to compare it to.

In closing, thank you for not being a Packer fan anymmore Ed. We are better off without fair weather fans.

TT's theory about building thropugh the draft isnt a bad one . . . IF YOU MAKE GOOD PICKS. If you choose to not go after FAs, then all your draft picks need to be regular contributors/ better than a comparable free agent. This hasnt been the case.

Get off the Favre situation. It has been done to death, and most sane people realize that the Packers made the right move with how well Rodgers has done. If Rodgers flopped, then it would be an entirely different situation. Favre made his bed, but didnt want to lie in it, and expected the team to revolve around how he felt that morning. Ya cant compare it to Manning, or anyone else, because there hasnt been another flipp-flopping situation to compare it to.

In closing, thank you for not being a Packer fan anymmore Ed. We are better off without fair weather fans.

The post with those Vets released was one I found online.

TT has not done anything that is spectacular he's avg at best, but not looking like it. MM is an average coach.

No one is refuting the Favre situation was time to move on with how it went down. They could have done more to keep him, but didn't.

The problem now is TT can't field an "entire" team right now with his draft only method.

They are done. If they get an early pick, they should be able to find someone.

Butler has a good take on this...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/69595447.html

The post with those Vets released was one I found online.

TT has not done anything that is spectacular he's avg at best, but not looking like it. MM is an average coach.

No one is refuting the Favre situation was time to move on with how it went down. They could have done more to keep him, but didn't.

The problem now is TT can't field an "entire" team right now with his draft only method.

They are done. If they get an early pick, they should be able to find someone.

Butler has a good take on this...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/69595447.html

"They could have done more to keep him"???? Really? How about Brett taking some responsibility for his actions?

TT has whiffed on as many early draft picks as Ron Wolf has. The issue is not combining this with good FA signings to overcome the busts.

I think OVERALL for the NFL, with the rookie pay scale getting so outrageous, player development and personnel evaluation with become even more of a focus for organisations. teams that have great scouts and talent evaluators will be key. It also is to the point where FA signings can be cheaper than draft picks . . .