[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Quandry

nhoops

Hi,

So the QB position has been a frustrating one since the early weeks. Standard scoring

I have Eli Manning on a bye.

M.Ryan @ Car

Sanchez v. Jax - just picked up,

The Jax D can be thrown on and the Jets are at home....but I see big days out of MJD and T.Jones. Will Ryan break out of his funk and toss a couple of TDs? ATL plays a division foe and is in the running for the Wild Card right now.

Thoughts?

I have to go with Sanchez. I think he throws 1 or 2 and they are going to have to pass to open up the running game. Ryan has not done much lately and Carolina has a good pass D. Even if Sanchez doesn't throw 2, he'll most likely run for one and throw one.

Please see mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=307794

Yes, despite some hype about Carolina's supposed strong pass D, Ryan threw for 3 TD's the first time this year. The kid works really hard too, and especially after some tough losses recently, I only see him working to get better.

It is a little scary that Carolina even gave the Saints some fits last week, but the Falcons are very well-coached under Mike Smith (and even more fired up to play for him after he manhandled Deangelo. Best $15,000 he ever spent). It's really the D that is more susceptible though, and we might not be able to lean on Turner in this game.

But aside from all that, with Eli on a bye, he's definitely the safer pick than Sanchez to me.

The Jax D can be thrown on and the Jets are at home....but I see big days out of MJD and T.Jones. Will Ryan break out of his funk and toss a couple of TDs? ATL plays a division foe and is in the running for the Wild Card right now.

And yes, I think you're spot on in this assesment. We know how important this game is right now for our playoff chances, and we always play this game like a rivalry game, regardless of which team is doing better.

On the opposite end, I know the Jets have said they're scaling back the offense for Sanchez. But whether that means calling easier plays or taking the ball out of his hands (or both), I don't know.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm totally torn between these guys and their matchups, but want to give you a response since you answered mine)

I think Ryan is the play just barely over Sanchez. This IS a toss-up to me, but I see White and Gonzo getting a TD and White having more targets after such a quiet afternoon last Sunday. I think Jacksonville will grind it out as long as they can with MJD, especially if the Jets D continues to be a shadow of what it was at the start of the season.

Thanks for answering mine.

ok,

I was leaning toward Ryan so thanks for the input. I just hate seeing him put up another 10 pnt week compared to his 1st few. Hopefully my RB (C.Johnson, and P.Thomas) make it an easy day for me.