[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's up with the Bengals Offense?

FishFreak

The Bengals offense seems to be getting more and more conservative every week. Palmer and Ochostinko have done absolutely nothing the last 4 weeks. What gives and why have the Bengals become so happy with running the ball like crazy all of a sudden? It's almost like they are trying to protect Palmer as if he was a rookie QB. Is it just me or have the Bengals decided to kill Palmer's and Ochostinko's fantasy value?

cleveland was consistently dropping the safeties and almost daring cincy to run ... so they did. this was a classic case of take what the defense gives you, don't do anything stupid, and manage your way to a much needed win after a bad defeat. there was really no reason to try to open the field since the running game was going so well.

conversely, by the way, chicago came in a few weeks ago with a goal to stop the run and palmer threw for 5 TDs (and chicago still couldn't stop the run ...). hence they got flat out routed.

that's the beauty of this team this year. they can win in many ways and are well balanced. that unfortuntately means sporadic performance from the passing game from week to week.

What gives and why have the Bengals become so happy with running the ball like crazy all of a sudden?

are you joking? Ochostinko? If the defense is allowing you to run 40 times at 5 yards a clip than that is what you should do. Take a look at the box score of the Oakland and Philly game.

Oakland Upset

You take what the defense gives you... Philly decided only to hand the ball of to Westy 6 times, and 11 times altogether, and now have an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

The good news is Detroit comes to town next weekend.

That could be good or bad news fantasy wise. Can we expect the same formula this week like the Cleveland game? Palmer really hasn't done much this year outside of the Bear game. He's typically around 200 yards and a TD....yuck. I'm only complaining because my starter Warner is still seeing stars.

are you joking? Ochostinko? If the defense is allowing you to run 40 times at 5 yards a clip than that is what you should do. Take a look at the box score of the Oakland and Philly game.

This thread is not questioning the Bengals playcalling from a fan/team standpoint. I'm aggravated about the conservative nature of the Bengals O this season from a fantasy perspective. It's killing Palmer's and Ocho's fantasy stats. For the record, I think the Bengals are over rated. Their close to the vest play calling and tight wins might work in the regular season but it will probably get them a first round exit in the playoffs. Yes they have beaten the Steelers twice but they have shown they can't blow out inferior competition. They remind me of the Dolphins last year.....

^^^They won't be playing in the first round if they continue to win. Big game for Cincy tonight. They need New Orleans to win. The Oakland loss was killer. What is the tie-breaker if they tie with New England? Who gets first round bye?

Cincy is not overrated. They're a strong defensive team and the loss of Cedric Benson is hurting them. They're not as good as Indy and NE but probably the next best team in the AFC. Plus losing Antwan Odum was a huge loss. Besides based on where Cincy has been most of the past 20 years, I'm sure they'll take being overrated and division champs.

That could be good or bad news fantasy wise. Can we expect the same formula this week like the Cleveland game? Palmer really hasn't done much this year outside of the Bear game.

Detroit ranks last in the league in passing yards allowed per game.

They are 19th in rushing yards per game.

Is it just me or have the Bengals decided to kill Palmer's and Ochostinko's fantasy value?
Yes. Marvin Lewis's fantasy team was playing against Palmer and Ocho this week and since he wanted to go to the playoffs, decided to kill their fantasy value. :wacko: To think that any decision a NFL player or coach makes is based on fantasy value ramifications just dumb.

It wasn't the Bengals that decided to kill their fantasy value, it was the NFL Commissioner....................f'n meddler!

I share worry about Bengals in-ability to score points, and also concerned that they still make too many stupid pre-snap (or holding) penalties. But otherwise, I'm pretty delighted with them.

If you want to evaluate Palmer/Ocho as a dominant FFL team for your playoff run........look elsewhere.

For Bengals playoff chances, I'll take great defense and great running game, with work to do on passing game, over any other combination of 2 of 3 areas.

The Detroit Free Press reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco said he wants the team's offense to throw the football more often in Week 13 versus the Detroit Lions after the Bengals threw for just 110 yards and rushed for 210 yards in Week 12. 'Now, next week, things are going to have to change,' Ochocinco said. 'The roles need to be reversed. I'm speaking on behalf of myself and the receiving corps. We would like to throw the ball 50 times. I just want to relay that message.'