[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The EPA declares carbon dioxide dangerous

Lady.hawke

Is it safe to say that all the doom and gloom of Y2K was a moneymaking scam or do we have to wait till 2010?

Still waiting for windows 98 to crash and all my electronic devices on my cars engine to fail.

What ever happened to the bird flu and are those killer bees still coming?

Its safe to say all this green B.S. sure has made alot of things expensive. Look at HVAC and the price of freon.

What a scam. There is nothing harmful at all with R22. maybe R12 but R22 (the fix is in).

Want to go green. Make a tire that wont go flat or wear out.

Edited by moneymakers

Is it safe to say that all the doom and gloom of Y2K was a moneymaking scam or do we have to wait till 2010?

Still waiting for windows 98 to crash and all my electronic devices on my cars engine to fail.

What ever happened to the bird flu and are those killer bees still coming?

Its safe to say all this green B.S. sure has made alot of things expensive. Look at HVAC and the price of freon.

What a scam. There is nothing harmful at all with R22. maybe R12 but R22 (the fix is in).

Want to go green. Make a tire that wont go flat or wear out.

:wacko:

Moneymakers you have proven the point of ANY politicized discussion. It is all about the politics of FEAR, since there is no omnipresent source to focus the herd's attention to since the USSR went under. This is something that the pundits know full well and play upon. For the left, it is issues like global warming (that other countries actually talk about as well). For the right, it is harping on Rush and Glenn Beck about how the scary gubmnet will take everything away from you.

The mob always needs a scapegoat. If one isnt available, then one will be generated.

Does the EPA have the power to make regulations or are they just supposed to enforce regulations provide through congress via legislation?

From what I understand, in 2007 the SCOTUS ruled 5-4 that the EPA had to treat CO2 as a threat to clean air. The Bush Admin had their chance in court and failed to prove it was not. In essence, SCOTUS told the EPA it had to do their job.

I think this was the ruling.

I don't feel like reading 66 pages, but i'm sure lady.hawke would volunteer to do us and provide us all with a synopsis.

Edit: Actually, just read the first few pages for the summary.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I find it astounding that this happened today and there is no discussion at all.

A few comments I found interesting:

"The factual discovery of the massive scientific fraud forming the basis for man-made climate change theory should be enough to stop anyone, including the United States government, from exploiting the lie for monetary gain to the detriment of society. That is obviously not going to be the case. It is criminal. "

And this:

"So I breathe out hazardous waste? Really? We’re really going to make this announcement? So are we also going to make dirt hazardous to plants or water hazardous to fish – it’s only essential to them living, (just like us exhaling)?! "

*Finally* science we can believe in.

Does the EPA have the power to make regulations or are they just supposed to enforce regulations provide through congress via legislation?

The EPA pretty much has God power, thanks to our legislature and endorsed by the Supreme Court. I could not care less which party was most to blame for inflicting this situation upon us - I think there should be no career politicians. Period. They all need to go.

Whomever sited the Supreme Court case that gave the EPA such power - the SCOTUS never ruled on the science, only the law. Here is the last paragraph of the opinion, written in dissent by Scalia:

"The Court’s alarm over global warming may or may not be justified, but it ought not distort the outcome of this litigation. This is a straightforward administrative-law case, in which Congress has passed a malleable statute giving broad discretion, not to us but to an executive agency. No matter how important the underlying policy issues at stake, this Court has no business substituting its own desired outcome for the reasoned judgment of the responsible agency."

I find it astounding that this happened today and there is no discussion at all.

A few comments I found interesting:

"The factual discovery of the massive scientific fraud forming the basis for man-made climate change theory should be enough to stop anyone, including the United States government, from exploiting the lie for monetary gain to the detriment of society. That is obviously not going to be the case. It is criminal. "

And this:

"So I breathe out hazardous waste? Really? We’re really going to make this announcement? So are we also going to make dirt hazardous to plants or water hazardous to fish – it’s only essential to them living, (just like us exhaling)?! "

You know, I am going to have to bump this thread.

Lady.hawke, if she really is a lady, keeps on saying stuff like "you guys aren't refuting my facts/statements/logic" as defense for his/her silly arguments. Well I think I have addressed her 'intersting comment' pretty well. I would like him/her to address that.

Man up Lady .Hawke

You know, I am going to have to bump this thread.

Lady.hawke, if she really is a lady, keeps on saying stuff like "you guys aren't refuting my facts/statements/logic" as defense for his/her silly arguments. Well I think I have addressed her 'intersting comment' pretty well. I would like him/her to address that.

Man up Lady .Hawke

Although I have never met Lady.Hawke in person, she has been here long enough for me to be abou 99.99% certain that she is indeed a woman. (She used to hang out in the skybox a few years ago.)