[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Midwest Blizzard - Drifts to 10 feet high

Moss6

at least it's the light chit, if there was more moisture i'd be dead, did ya get the thunder snow where yer at Ursa?

Yes. Temp was nearly 40 on Christmas Day and the snow actually started to melt at one point. Trouble is it was really heavy so each shovel full was about twenty to twenty-five pounds, multiplied by about 300 shovels = 6000 to 7500 pounds or three to four tons......each f'n day.

And the end of the drive where the plow bastard had left a three foot berm was just a compressed mass. Could have built a new shed out of the white $hit. :wacko:

Unseasonably warm in southeastern Michigan. Rained most of the day yesterday. The roads and sidewalks are dry.

I thought about washing the car this morning.

same here but you and I know it's coming

yup running out of whiskey and scotch.... not good ... may need to strap on the ice creepers and hick into town for supplies.

Ya gotta have reserves! If I ran out of my normal stash, I'd still have enuff for a couple of weeks. :wacko:

Mrs Rebellab and I were in Northeast SD for Xmas and got home last evening. I spent about 2 hours blowing a seven foot drift out of my driveway to get the car in the garage. This morning I started at 9 and finished at noon with a two stage snow blower, between what I had left in the drive and what the street department deposited later on it was miserable. There are spots further into Pierre that have the ten foot drifts. My neighbor made his son dig down to the sidewalk in front of their house the trench is seven feet deep. Merry when I wore my first dressing Christmas. Officially 13.5 inches with 60 mph winds for two days. Good times, Good times.

I was in my hometown in central Illinois and it rained all of xmas eve, then it snowed non-stop starting at noon on Friday until Sunday morning. I'm sure there was a foot of snow at least. Just got back to Chicago, and it's nowhere near as bad as central illinois.

Edited by Brentastic

I was in my hometown in central Illinois and it rained all of xmas eve, then it snowed non-stop starting at noon on Friday until Sunday morning. I'm sure there was a foot of snow at least. Just got back to Chicago, and it's nowhere near as bad as central illinois.

Chi put up their umbrella and that's why you had less snow than the burbs. :D But wait til that wind starts to blow from the East. :D

We picked up a foot yesterday...rained all day on Friday. If that rain on Friday was snow, we would have had 2 feet at least in total.

DuPage forgot to put out the umbrella even though we pay more property taxes than Chi does. :wacko:

If that rain was snow it prolly would have been closer to 30"+. The only positive was my daughter was here w/ her BF and he likes to shovel snow (he's originally from Bahston) and he kept our drive clean as could be! Nice kid.

Edited by rocknrobn26