[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

XBOX question

Czarina

OK, so we bought the Arcade version, the 60 gig HD starter set that comes with the headset and a 3 month live card...apparently I missd that we have to buy a wireless adapter too? Why did I think it would just be "in" it like it is with the Wii? :wacko: Is this really giong to cost me another hundred?

I've had my 360 since the day it came out and absolutely refuse to buy Microsoft's wireless adapter...

So I've done a few other things, in addition to plugging directly in.

1. I've turned my old Linksys WRT54G router into a wireless repeater and plugged into that.

2. Lately I've just used my MacBook Pro's internet sharing capabilities and share it's wireless connection through its ethernet port. I then used this guide to get the port forwarding correct.

I can give anyone more help with either of these steps if they think it's something they'd be interested in.

I've had my 360 since the day it came out and absolutely refuse to buy Microsoft's wireless adapter...

1. I've turned my old Linksys WRT54G router into a wireless repeater and plugged into that.

2. Lately I've just used my MacBook Pro's internet sharing capabilities and share it's wireless connection through its ethernet port. I then used this guide to get the port forwarding correct.

I can give anyone more help with either of these steps if they think it's something they'd be interested in.

Yep, I think I'd rather pay the $100 bucks then try to figure all of this insanity out.

We have an old router...how would I set that up?

I found a "gaming" router online for around $50, I think that's how we'll go. It's still a rip off though. The Wii has wireless built in. All we had to do with that was plug in the power and the Wii did the rest.

That's one of the ways that M$ got a lot of suckers to think the Xbox was cheaper than the PS3. Granted you may not need all the bells and whistles but there are plenty of people that liked the built in wifi, free online, and ability to buy your own hard drive. Microsoft (which is neither micro nor soft) makes you buy all their proprietary stuff and charges through the nose ($85 for the wireless adapter, $45ish for live, etc.). Not that Sony hasn't done that before on other items, but the PS3 hasn't really needed any other accessories for me at least. Anyway, sorry this is a bit off topic hope you enjoy your gaming once you get it up and running.