[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Chipmunks movie

whomper

I realize I am not critiquing Citizen Kane here but I do know there are a lot of you that have kids my daughters age and do like to hit the movies a lot. If that is in your plans this weekend and you are in a toss up between the Chipmunks movie and another kids movie that is out there please chose the other movie.

The Chipmunks movie just mailed it in. The first one was pretty funny and entertaining for the Kids. The 2nd one was boring. They just crammed lame scene after lame scene together until they hit 90 minutes. My kids seemed to think it was OK because they enjoy pretty much anything you throw at them on the big screen but judging by the amount of times the theater laughed hard this was a miss. As I always do at the end of the movie I asked them what was there favorite part and they were both scrambling to come up with something. Again, I know it is a light hearted kids movie. I am just saying if you are debating between this and another one that is out there put this one on the back burner.

I realize I am not critiquing Citizen Kane here but I do know there are a lot of you that have kids my daughters age and do like to hit the movies a lot. If that is in your plans this weekend and you are in a toss up between the Chipmunks movie and another kids movie that is out there please chose the other movie.

The Chipmunks movie just mailed it in. The first one was pretty funny and entertaining for the Kids. The 2nd one was boring. They just crammed lame scene after lame scene together until they hit 90 minutes. My kids seemed to think it was OK because they enjoy pretty much anything you throw at them on the big screen but judging by the amount of times the theater laughed hard this was a miss. As I always do at the end of the movie I asked them what was there favorite part and they were both scrambling to come up with something. Again, I know it is a light hearted kids movie. I am just saying if you are debating between this and another one that is out there put this one on the back burner.

Thanks for the critique! I usually go to RottonTomatoes to get my reviews and see if a movie is worth my time. I too was debating whether to take my kids and then I saw it rating at 24% on the tomatometer and your post and said "forget it". I'll wait for it on Netflix.

:D

my wife took our almost 5-year-old daughter to see it yesterday. it was sold out. :wacko: thank god for our 6-month-old son, who will be the reason i'll get to stay home when our daughter begs my wife to try again to go see it.

just so i can warn my wife: is the chipmunks better or worse than beverly hills chihuahua?

my wife took our almost 5-year-old daughter to see it yesterday. it was sold out. :wacko: thank god for our 6-month-old son, who will be the reason i'll get to stay home when our daughter begs my wife to try again to go see it.

just so i can warn my wife: is the chipmunks better or worse than beverly hills chihuahua?

Kinda about the same, maybe less stupid but less entertaining.

Funny you ask that. The chihuahua makes a cameo in the movie and they make sure you know it!!