[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BJ's worst contribution on this board is better and more reliable than many people's best contribution. If he said the post was from 2007 - it was from 2007. Period.

I have never seen a post of BJ's that was factually inaccurate. In fact, it seems a point of pride for him to BE accurate.

Where's the ref to throw the flag?

when I saw this headline, I knew something had to be up. tacking the entire pentagon budget onto the requests for the wars in iraq and afghanistan? that is just utter disingenuousness, to put it mildly. that's like saying the cost of the iraq war under bush was like $3 trillion -- though I HAVE heard disingenuous lefties making that argument, it's just as hollow and stupid every time, regardless of who makes it.

that's like saying the cost of the iraq war under bush was like $3 trillion

This number is bandied around as the total long-term cost of the wars, rather than the total to date. The word "was" in the quote above should be replaced by "will be" and there's a basis for discussion. Clearly the two wars combined so far are nowhere close to $3 trillion.

It isn't just the right. We dealt with the same crap from the left for years during the Bush admin. In my opinion it is the polarization that is killing us. Right wants anything the Repubs throw against the wall to stick and same for the Left. Maybe it is just me but, things don't seem to be getting better no matter how much each side bashes the other.

The really sad part is that at the end of the day all these politicians probably get together and laugh at the American public for being so damn gullible.

A voice of reason speaks. As long as this country remains divided, we'll continue our path to the proverbial sh*thole. Throwing money(that we don't have) at a problem does not solve it. The repubs and dems are like two chicks fighting. The terrorists are watching and laughing at every biatch slap.

The catch 22 here is that we simply have to spend money if we are to fight terrorism. But how long will this go on?

I feel badly for the younger generations as I can't help but think that one day they'll be eating rice and speaking Chinese as that country owns us right now. But hey, let's throw more money out there. Let's call our big bank(China) and get another bazillion dollar loan.

UNITED WE STAND. DIVIDED WE FALL

eta: FWIW, when it comes to defending this great country of ours, there is no price tag. But please, let's do it with a little more wisdom instead of just assf*cking the goat.

Edited by jaxfactor

UNITED WE STAND. DIVIDED WE FALL

No doubt - as a country we spend all of our time arguing about the 5% - 10% of things we disagree all while pissing away the 90%-95% of things we do agree on.

Imagine if all the time politicians invested in running spin and counter spin (including all their time on cable news and talk radio) were actually used to get work done?

Not factual in any way...show me the thread. He started the attacks not me.

Since you got IP banned after your tirade, you probably missed that it was your behavior that got the thread gunned.

OR

You know it's deleted but want to use that fact to attempt to lie your way out of this. But go ahead and call BJ a liar. That'll convince people. :wacko:

Since you got IP banned after your tirade, you probably missed that it was your behavior that got the thread gunned.

OR

You know it's deleted but want to use that fact to attempt to lie your way out of this. But go ahead and call BJ a liar. That'll convince people. :wacko:

Whatever...the guy is incorrect. But, you go ahead and continue to hang off his nuts. You are very good at that.

Whatever...the guy is incorrect. But, you go ahead and continue to hang off his nuts. You are very good at that.

Is saying 'go ahead and call BJ a liar' grounds for becoming one who hangs off his nuts or are there a few hundred posts regarding his lifting up BJ for no good reason that I've overlooked.

Meh. I don't think anyone is hanging off of anyone elses nuts here. You admitted to screwing up and have your timing wrong by a bit. Most of us that have been around for a while remember enough about the exchange to find it hard to take your side on anything. Even something as simple as the timing.

I'm sorry but you lost all credibility during that argument with most if not all of the regulars here!

Hey Zeke,

Why do you hang continue to post here when we all know you're a chives and no-one respects you or even cares to read what you have to say?

Hey Bushwack,

Why do you continue to think I care what you or any of these other people say. You should have learned by now that your are as insignificant as the sports teams you root for. You are wasting your break time from your lowly min wage job to post something. Please quit cheating your custodial company. I would hate to have to support yet another loser liberal mooch when they pink slip your sorry ass. Carry on toilet scrubber!

Hey Bushwack,

Why do you continue to think I care what you or any of these other people say. You should have learned by now that your are as insignificant as the sports teams you root for. You are wasting your break time from your lowly min wage job to post something. Please quit cheating your custodial company. I would hate to have to support yet another loser liberal mooch when they pink slip your sorry ass. Carry on toilet scrubber!

I dont think your comment will result in anything positive for this thread's survival . . . . :wacko:

This number is bandied around as the total long-term cost of the wars, rather than the total to date. The word "was" in the quote above should be replaced by "will be" and there's a basis for discussion. Clearly the two wars combined so far are nowhere close to $3 trillion.

And some of those "will be" reasons are: paying disability to soldiers, paying the cost for injuries that linger past the war, paying the cost for mental care, paying back the debt to China.

I'm sure there's more, but no one's going to read this because the thread is about to get deleted.

And some of those "will be" reasons are: paying disability to soldiers, paying the cost for injuries that linger past the war, paying the cost for mental care, paying back the debt to China.

These are some of the things that will add to the eventual grand total. There's probably a lot more. It amazes me how lightly war is taken by some people. You'd think we as a species would have figured it out by now.