[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was pleasantly suprised

SEC=UGA

So, I bought my wife a VW Touareg a few years back... Biggest piece of poopy car manufactured, btw. Over the past 4 years I have replaced 4 throttle bodies, the electrical system, the rear cargo area carpet and padding (water still like to come in through the closed tailgate), the sunroof still doesn't work after they repaired the electrical system, nor does the little beeping sound that indicates you locked the car and set the alarm, the passenger side wiper blade doesn't like to clear the middle of the windshield, I had to replace brakes and rotors ($1,300, the dealership wanted $1,700), etc... you get the picture.

Last night on her way home the heater blower motor decided to crap out... I take it up to Kauffman tire this morning to get them to look at it to fix it, they call me back... "Todd, it is indeed the heater blower motor that is out. But, we can't fix it, don't have the tools. You'll have to go to VW or a German auto repair place." ME: F'ing, gd, mfing, pos VW......

Well, I was suprised to learn that it is only going to cost me roughly $560 to get this repaired, so I'm some quite happy today.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by SEC=UGA

So, I bought my wife a VW Touareg a few years back... Biggest piece of poopy car manufactured, btw. Over the past 4 years I have replaced 4 throttle bodies, the electrical system, the rear cargo area carpet and padding (water still like to come in through the closed tailgate), the sunroof still doesn't work after they repaired the electrical system, nor does the little beeping sound that indicates you locked the car and set the alarm, the passenger side wiper blade doesn't like to clear the middle of the windshield, I had to replace brakes and rotors ($1,300, the dealership wanted $1,700), etc... you get the picture.

Last night on her way home the heater blower motor decided to crap out... I take it up to Kauffman tire this morning to get them to look at it to fix it, they call me back... "Todd, it is indeed the heater blower motor that is out. But, we can't fix it, don't have the tools. You'll have to go to VW or a German auto repair place." ME: F'ing, gd, mfing, pos VW......

Well, I was suprised to learn that it is only going to cost me roughly $560 to get this repaired, so I'm some quite happy today.

Thanks for listening.

The blower motor goes out in a 4-year old car and your happy it's "only $560"...

OK :wacko:

Thanks for listening.

First off I will say.... Do not buy another VW ever. They are a nightmare to work on which is why you are finding the repair costs to be so high. I am not surprised at all that the first place you went decided they couldn't do the job. Honestly? they didn't want to!

2nd, you went with the worst of the bunch. The Touareg is viewed as a Porsche by most shops and the repairs are charged as such.

I am going to look into what tools they needed to replace the blower motor (and make sure if I own them that I throw them away) because I don't think that the job should have required much more than the standard tools in most mechanics tool boxes.

First off I will say.... Do not buy another VW ever. They are a nightmare to work on which is why you are finding the repair costs to be so high. I am not surprised at all that the first place you went decided they couldn't do the job. Honestly? they didn't want to!

2nd, you went with the worst of the bunch. The Touareg is viewed as a Porsche by most shops and the repairs are charged as such.

I am going to look into what tools they needed to replace the blower motor (and make sure if I own them that I throw them away) because I don't think that the job should have required much more than the standard tools in most mechanics tool boxes.

I should have done more research and in retrospect bought the Infiniti FX45 I originally intended to buy for her. NEVER AGAIN will I own a VW, you can count on that. And now wonder the things only come with a 36K mile warranty.

I've heard this MANY times from current and, usually, past VW owners. Total junk. When I bought my last car, the dealership sold four different makes. The service garage was huge. One side just for VW repairs, and the other side for the other three brands :wacko:

I've heard this MANY times from current and, usually, past VW owners. Total junk. When I bought my last car, the dealership sold four different makes. The service garage was huge. One side just for VW repairs, and the other side for the other three brands :wacko:

I believe it, though many VW owners are very loyal, it is like a cult of brainwashed and then when I wore my first dresstards...

I was in line to pay after getting the third throttle body replaced. I was talking w. the guy in front of me, we both had had numerous problems w. our vehicles. The perky little bitch behind us piped in and said "wow, I can't believe you guys are so upset w. your VW. I love mine, never had any problems."

I looked at her in utter amazement and asked if she was getting her car's oil changed. She says "no, the alternator went out i had to bring it up here to get fixed."

I rolled my eyes and said "really, never had any issues with your VW?"

Her, "Nope, great car".

At which point I wanted to call her a dumbass and tell her to stay out of other's conversations unless she had something intelligent to say... Instead I just turned around and the guy I was talking to just started laughing his ass of and said "man, she's an idiot"

She said "excuse me?!?!?!?!"

He said "you're here because your fing alternator went out and you still proclaim to have never had problems with your car... that's just a dumb statement".

That pretty much ended it there.