[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In what was considered impossible, Republican Scott Brown defeats Democrat Martha Coakley and becomes the next senator of Massachusetts.

moneymakers

I don't think the democrats should try to ram anything through. Go back to the drawing board. Come up with a truly bipartisan bill that makes sense and do it incrementally if necessary.

I agree with you, and think that reform is needed. I don't think the "public option" can pass and there was a reason it was dropped, it was quickly being exposed for what it is, and what it would eventually cause. If you take the "public option" completely off the table and you put tort reform on the table, and you are very careful about the wording regarding abortion I think you can get bipartisan support for health care. I would love to see reform, but what was being proposed wasn't reform it just catered to special interests.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the implications of a move to public healthcare, the potential costs, and the potential detriment to the quality of care overall, do you think that it is right to shove a bill through that's only getting 55% support, assuming your number is accurate?

SO what % should there be?? Majority rules don't apply anymore??

They're blocking reform simply to block it at this point. At least their behavior makes it very easy to say so.

Most likely true .. SO the Dems either need to spin it back the other way or maybe the American public will wake up..... :wacko:

very important that the republicans realize this was not an endorsement of the republicans but a rejection of incumbents

this is what I meant when I said earlier in this thread that

the victory was not so much a Repub victory or a Dem/liberal defeat.

and just to be very clear, Coakley was NOT an incumbent....though i know that is not what you meant

but others could certainly read your statement that way, the way it is written

If you look at the town by town voting, which I did (you would need to know each towns demographics)

you will see that Coakley ran a lazy ass :wacko: campaign. She did not get out the vote of her support base.

Did not make her positions clear to them.....Brown ran a near flawless campaign and pushed all the right buttons

to get voters. The economy and jobs were on peoples minds here more than the HC bill.